DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Field Trip!

That's right, I am in need of an assitant for a little expedition outside of the Farm.  More specifically, to the Stone of Tear.  More specifically, to the ter'angreal cache.  This was an RP approved for me many many moons ago to start up my create ter'angreal talent, but I never got around to it.

Basically what will happen is that we travel to the stone, dig through the junk in the basement trying to find something easy to duplicate, and study it for a while.  There can be fun mishaps with ter'angreal that misfire or something, just to keep the dull studying interesting.

So, I will need 1 asistant (2 if you can give me a REALLY good reason).  If you're interested, post below and explain why I should pick you over everyone else.

Edit: For advancement purposes, this may be used as either a Saidin Training RP, or a Free RP.

There's a strong Asha'man presence in Tear actually, since that's where everyone goes for the amnesty.  They can just start getting used to the fact :)  And as far as I can remember, the 'illegal to channel here' law was repealed the day that the Stone fell.

But oh well.  Maybe something in there can zap the hell out of Martyn and crack his block :D

*clears throat* Why should you choose me? Why, it's simple! I'm evil! What better reason could you possibly need? I murder happily and have fun torturing people, and you can spend a long period of time in my presence. What more could you possibly ask for?

;)

Oh, i know it's not actually illegal, it's more a matter of dislike though. It's hard getting used to something that's been outlawed for as long as you can remember

True, outlawed isn't exactly the word, but you know what i meant by it ^^;

*clears throat* Why should you choose me? Why, it's simple! I'm evil! What better reason could you possibly need? I murder happily and have fun torturing people, and you can spend a long period of time in my presence. What more could you possibly ask for?

;)

hmmm I'm sensing the Taint in this one.

The only reason I can think of you taking Geirrin is that he is from Tear, well the nation not the city though he has been to the city.  Anyway if you are looking for a Tairen that may know his way then bring him along.  He is common born so will not be to familiar with the stone of Tear.

He will be strong in the power (37 strength) and has been prone to mishaps so if your looking for a few misfires then he is an ideal candidate.  If I can close out a few RP's then he will be Dedicated or we can just assume this is after his raising.  Let me know if you need him. 

Hmmm . . . so far the reasons are:

1.  I can use a sword.

2.  I'm evil and crazy.

3.  I'm a Tairen.

I was looking more for stuff like "I would like to study ter'angreal", or "I am willing to dig through huge filthy piles of junk" . . . but at least you were all honest!  :-\

If anyone would like to submit another answer (maybe less scary or more relevant to the RP) I'd be willing to wait another few days.

/end sarcasm

Alrighty then.  Everyone's got something going for them.  Really, an Attack Leader isn't going to need a bodyguard in a fortress controlled by the Dragon Reborn, but Martyn's involvement can be an alternative to channeling until his block is broken.  Geirrin is Dedicated, so could use the outside experience.  Ze'el . . . hmmm . . . frankly, I'm just curious as to what he'd do with a shot at crazy toys :D

So, I need reasons why you deserve the trip over everyone else!  Be vicious!Tell me why you are the greatest and most deserving!  And tell me why the others are incompetent ninnies!

I might take all three of you anyway, but this is fun too.  ;D

oh, well you want vicious? Okay, time for the big guns.

As you probably know by looking at my sig, I have a character named Arath. You also have a character named Arath. Obviously fate is trying to tell you that we were meant to do this thread together. The cosmic balence of the world depends completely on you choosing me to go on this thread with you. If you don't, it's very likely that the entire fabric of the universe will unravel, causing all of society to fall into a pit of despare and hopelessness where Ze'el will rule. Then you'll turn to me and I'll just say "I told you so".

That and the fact that I have cookies :)

Actually Geirrin is the type that wants to learn everything.  He loves experimenting with weaves and finding new uses for them so testing ter'angreal is right up is alley.  He is a little careless which is perfect if you want a few mishaps.  He is enamored with the one power and wants to learn all there is.  Now that he is Dedicated it may be good training for him to join you. 

Pros:

- Eager to learn

- Loves new things

- A little careless which will be fun

- It will be good training for a Dedicated

- He is Tairen  ;D

- Can't bake Cookies though I can get them for you and cake too, and pie .....

Cons:

- Does not have a character named Arath 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Martyn knows next to nothing about channeling in itself, and given that the fortress is controlled by the Dragon Reborn means there's plenty of opportunity for him to find out some less destructive applications of the OP. So far, it's all been crush, kill and destroy, which is exactly what he's afraid of doing should he accidentally channel saidin again.

So yeah, i'm taking the character development angle ^^;

Plus, i can look real cute.

pathetic.gif