DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Visar Falmaien's training progress (WS 16>17)

Visar Falmaien

As you add your reqs and stuff to this thread, it will help Mat if you edit the first post's title to reflect the change in WS.  Since you started at 1, it would now say "Visar Falmaien's training progress WS 1 > 2" or "Visar Falmaien's training progress Now WS 2"

You might also want to mark your second post as Basic Fitness being "Elective 1" so she knows which req it satisfies.

And yup, I was in the Basic Fitness class. :)

lol thank you for that hun, but Eqwina checks trainees posts but the added effort will help her as well

Eqwina is MoT and I am MaA we have our own people to check... if there were an ooc commander it would be their job to help with the tgs and warders.

Thanks Q.

Visar- Before you move on to posting the next req make sure I have checked off on the last one. It avoids any confusion and helps with record keeping. Thanks!

Checked and Updated.

• 6 months later...

(sry for the thread necromancy)

Where was I with this again?  It has been a long time.  I think my last thread was one of the first murder in the yards threads way back in September...did/could that count for anything?

Anyway, I'm gonna catch up, read some threads and re-learn what I need to do for this, and I'll try to get back into the swing of things.

Just letting you all know, and I'll keep you updated once I get started again.

• 2 weeks later...

I participated in the rp found here

Silliness and Light

In this thread, Visar went into town to try to purchase throwing knives for Thera, but got a little sidetracked, as well as hurt himself dodging a cart.  The character met up with Mariasha, Llewelyn, Sandre, and briefly Elyan and Edana.  His responsibility was covered by another random trainee, but I npced him being punished for not getting the job done himself anyway.  Just some weeding in the garden for a week or two (I've got another thread going that picks up with that).

I know the rp Silliness and Light is still going, but I think I've wrapped up my character's end of things there.

Requesting this to count as a Responsibility Requirement, and a move from WS4 to WS 5.

Sieve went missing without notice and I was not looking at these. I promise when you send one PM I do get it, I just do not always have time to check DM on the weekends. So please wait to send another.  ;D

I am sorry this went a whole week, but I read it over and you are approved. Carry On.

FINAL STEPS APPROVED*beats Visar about the head with his approval papers*

Visar Falmaien arrived in Tar Valon primarily to hide from the crimes of his past in Tear (namely, manslaughter and theft).  However, he has embraced the ideals of serving in the Tower Guard, and wishes to live an honest and upright life.  Although initially afraid of telling anyone about what he did in Tear, Visar has slowly come to tell others the truth, and before becoming Tower Guard, he will officially seek the Tower’s judgment and asylum from Tairen authority.  In the training yards, Visar has been shown the basics of fitness, movement, and weapons selection and care.  He has not paid much attention to form names, and does not think of form terminology when he fights.  He has learned the importance of being on time, of working hard, and of being responsible for his actions.  During his training and his experiences, Visar has gradually gotten used to the vigorous but healthy life of a Warder trainee.

Visar will not choose a set path or discipline at this time. He is willing to learn from practitioners from any path, though his style does not necessarily fit within one on the list.  Although Visar has a small body type, his natural fighting style is extremely aggressive, and relies on direct speed and power to try to overwhelm the opponent(s), as well as brutal closing-in techniques, particularly grappling.  However, Visar is not always calm or collected when he fights, and is prone to make careless mistakes on his own defense when he tries to rush in.  He is weak defending against those who fight proficiently with two weapons.  He is also unable to pull off some grappling techniques on significantly larger persons.  Still, he desires to continue to train hard to try to overcome his weaknesses, and his goal is to become a well rounded fighter.

His primary weapon is a long, double edged sword, used best with both hands; Visar will occasionally use single-handed strikes and off hand techniques when appropriate.  He chose this weapon because he considered it simple, versatile, and effective, and was the first weapon he learned to use.  His secondary weapon is a single dagger, which he uses mostly for thrusting (not throwing, rarely slicing), and unarmed or off-hand grappling techniques associated with defense against a similar dagger or knife.  His tertiary weapon is a simple long spear or lance, used on foot, which he would use on the battlefield or in the open before switching to a sword or a dagger  (in order of use: lance, sword, dagger, to cover three ranges of melee combat).  Visar also currently possesses a single handed Tairen slim-bladed sword, and he has trained a little with this, but he is not particularly skilled with it, and will abandon this weapon at a future time.  Visar often trains with lance and long sword with medium-weight armor on (mail hauberk, helmet, possibly greaves or gauntlets). He will not always have armor on his person, and he trains merely to be able to deal with its weight, not to rely solely on its protection.  The following is an attempt at summarizing Visar’s entire history (as of 3/13/09) as a character, including unnecessary threads not used for the advancement of WS, as well as current threads that are unfinished.

• 3 weeks later...

Weapon Score 6 to 7: complete 1 req.

Tower Guard Ceremony complete (required 3 posts complete, ceremony completed, thread may still continue I'm not sure)

Visar's Tower Guard Ceremony

After approximately 6 months (rp time) of being kept under close watch and residing in a cell in the keep (for why, see thread, "A Confession"), Visar is allowed to take the Tower Guard Ceremony.  After initially unsure of what it was, Visar completes the ceremony, aided by Guardsman Sandre and Rasheta Aes Sedai.