DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rescue of Moiraine

_james07_

I see a lot of postings about the courage, fire, music, iron... the three potential rescuers have courage and I do believe it will be the "generic" possession.  OK, music is Tom, that's easy.  Has everyone forgotten about Aludra's "strikers?"  It's pretty easy to carry around a box of matches in your pocket, and I'm guessing that Mat's the one to carry them because of his connection to Aludra.  I haven't puzzled out the iron yet, but I don't remember any mention of Mat's foxhead medallion or the Ashendari being made of iron.  Perhaps Noal will pull iron manacles (to bind) of some special ancestral meaning out of his belt pouch.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But the tower of Ghenjie grants access to both lands? or am i mistaken now?

It isn't both lands. They are both in the same world. Birgitte specifically says so in TSH. Thats why I suggested that both doorways may lead to both Finns even though each was specifically designed for a particular finn. After all, it is the same world, no?

The third rescuer will be a "man I do not know" (Moiraine's letter), so it will not be an Aes Sedai.  Noal has volunteered, but neither Thom nor Mat verbally accepted him - it did seem assumed, though.  Thom has been thinking on this steadily since he first received the letter; Mat knows the Finns better than most - both through his own memories and those of others, and he is a great General, to boot - he always has great insights into how to attack a foe.  Especially one that knows they are coming, as he now believes (he believes that the Finns can see what is happening in our world through his eyes).  Noal may have knowledge to help, too.  It should be one heck of a chapter (or two!). 

But the tower of Ghenjie grants access to both lands? or am i mistaken now?

It isn't both lands. They are both in the same world. Birgitte specifically says so in TSH.

She tells him the Tower of Ghenjei is a doorway to the realms of the Aelfinn and Eelfinn in TSR CH 28.  The wording is up to interpretation.

I was assuming that both Finns occupy the same WORLD. Isn't there some indication of this in the story? I believe Birgitte says something like that. That would make it possible (perhaps) to access either Finn via either doorway. I have already said it MAY be possible.
Lanfear was held captive by both Aelfinn and Eelfinn, so there would appear to be some connection between their respective "realms".

Archived