DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cyndane

_james07_

I think Slayer killed Lanfear. Recall how he can enter the Tower of Ghengei? I imagine he was sent there to kill her since she wasn't doing much good from there and getting her out via more conventional means was too hard.

I think Slayer killed Lanfear. Recall how he can enter the Tower of Ghengei? I imagine he was sent there to kill her since she wasn't doing much good from there and getting her out via more conventional means was too hard.

Interesting. I had never thought of that before. I like it.

If this is so then why not kill Moiraine?

I really can not see her commit suicide
It's hardly unknown in those severed from the Source, is it?

There's one small problem with Mr Ares version of things -

Aginor seems to have burned himself out rather thoroughly.  In fact so thoroughly that he also burned himself down.  ( or up, take your pick - wasn't anything left but some ash ) So, if being burned out prior to death ( or even as part of dying ) means that a transmigrated soul would have to be healed who healed Osan'gar?

There's one small problem with Bob T Dwarf's verson of things. It never says he was severed. All your quote shows is that his body was destroyed. Not his connection to the Source

"Mine!"  Flame shot from Aginor's mouth, broke through his eyes like spears of fire, and he screamed.

If drawing so much that flames shoot out of his eyes and mouth didn't burn him out, nothing would.

I don't know, I always thought that Aginor's problem was the fact that he was walking around in a 3000 year old corpse.  I think had Aginor been in his healthy AOL body he would have had no problem handling the amount of power that he drew from The Eye, but he burst into flames because at that point his body just coudn't handle the strain that channling that much power put on it.

That's exactly why, actually. Robert Jordan commented that their bodies were weak, which explains the seemingly easy defeat of both Balthamel and Aginor.

He did?!! Well what can I say great minds think alike (LOL).  At any rate, this demonstates how Aginor could draw enough power to destroy his ravaged body without drawing enough enough to burn himself out.  In fact it would have been impossible for Aginor to burn himself out at this point because his body just wouldn't handle that much of the power. 

If this is so then why not kill Moiraine?

Why should he?

She's imprisoned by the Finns and who exactly is going to come to rescue her, AND know how to defeat the Finns?

The probability is very low.

And perhaps not killing Moiraine was an extra punishment assigned to her out of spite.

Or perhaps the order was specifically to kill Lanfear, and didn't mention anything about others. I don't think the Shadow had a lot of information on how Lanfear ended up in Finnworld. Also Slayer knows how Lanfear looks, but he hasn't met or seen Moiraine.

We never saw Slayer enter the tower, we saw him disappear in front of it.

Now, if there was a connection between Slayer and finnland, why would he possibly want to reveal that to Perrin, a key player for the Light?

Luring Perrin there in hopes that Perrin would find a way in, and get stuck on the other hand...

Also, we now know how you enter the tower, by drawing the symbol from the snakes & foxes game on the wall with a bronze knife, something we never saw Slayer do, he simply vanished.

Incidently, simply vanishing is something quite possible for a man who can step in and out of T'A'R at will.

Slayer did not kill either of them. Later in the series we get Slayer's POV, and he reminisces about killing 2 AS in Tear. He said it isn't everyday that he gets to kill AS. So if he had killed Lanfear, wouldn't he be reminiscing about killing one of the Forsaken? That is a much bigger deal than 2 AS...

Guest Dreadlord

"Mine!"  Flame shot from Aginor's mouth, broke through his eyes like spears of fire, and he screamed.

UNQUOTE

Did that actually happen? It must have been in EotW if it did but I dont remember it

Archived