DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I haz Dilemma

Barmacral

First off: Sin, No, I won't get a PS3. All my RL friends have sexboxes, and thats what I plan to get so I can play with them online.

Now that I've got that out of the way, here's my dilemma.

A regular priced 360 Elite is $449.99 Canadian. A regular priced 360 is 349.99. Both of these have taxes added on to these prices, includes 1 controller, 2 games. I want an elite, I just added the regular 360 price for informational purposes only.

A friend of mine has a 360, which broke on him, so he sent it in to Microsoft, then went out to buy himself an Elite.

Once he gets his 360 back, he's offered to sell it to me. If They replace his, he'll sell it for 300. If it was just repaired and sent back, well, we'll see, but it'll be cheaper than that. No taxes on his prices, includes 1 controller, no games.

So, which do I go for? Getting the 360 off of my friend is a great deal, however, I really do want an Elite. What are your thoughts? What would you do?

You have two choices.

1.  Declare that you're no longer interested in material possesions and just send all of your money to the coolest person you know. (ie. Me)

2.  Just buy an elite, because you want one and you'll regret it if you don't.  Plus you never buy stuff from your friends, it goes bad too often.  Then you have to kill em.  Shovels get expensive, plus you never know when a stray dog will come along diggin' and mess up the who...

erm, yeah.

Well I'd personally go with #1, it seems you're best course of action.  But since you're not cool enough for that option I guess #2 is what I'd advise.  Let your friend peddle his wares elsewhere.

JD,

Helpful

• Community Administrator

Well, you could just buy a 40GB ps3 for cheaper then the 360 elite. ;)

But yea, I'd buy one new, vs buy one from a friend.

for these reasons.

1. It already broke, he got it refurbished,

2. Refurbished = shit.

3. You are no longer covered on the warrenty, so should anything happen 1 week to 8 years, you can't get it replaced.

+ You'd have to buy your games, 1 game = $60 + taxes, so your looking at around $366. A second game would bring that to $430 or so, so you may as well just spend $449 to buy a new one. And at least get a new one, with a 1 year+ warrenty, and 2 games. ;)

Well, in the case of them replacing it, its not really refurbished, its but the warranty thing makes sense.

However, one person suggested that if I get the elite, I get a couple of games I care nothing of, where if I get the other one, thats 150 bucks to spend on 2 games that I want to get instead.

So yea, getting arguments on both sides of the fence here, not really sure what way to go yet.

• Community Administrator

When you send a console in, 90% of the time you get a refurbished unit. Refurbished = repaired. Its not simply a 'new' unit. And those repaired units, have a much shorter 'life span' then 'new' units, at least that has been about 90% of the worlds population experience. ;)

That said, if the 2 games you get with it suck, or have no interest in playing. You might want to see at the place you buy the console at, if you can simply 'trade' those 2 games in, for a different set of games, or if you can out rigt, pick 2 different games.

Or, another possible outcome, See how much they'd buy a refurbished 360 from you, (and if your lucky its more then you paid for it) and trade it in for a new 360 + games. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived