DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I was wondering how many people on these boards...

dlan4327

Read the Kushiel's Legacy series? Just out of pure curiosity. I stopped coming to these boards quite a while back to stop myself

from pining for an end to the series. ::) As it happens I've been pouring through plenty of fantasy as a stop gap and I'm well

and truly hooked on Kushiel's Legacy. Robert Jordan called it "A very sophisticated fantasy, intricately plotted and a fascinating read."

Just thought I'd recommend it while I was popping back in to see what's changed. On that note I'm actually quite scared that Luckers

seems to have somehow become more prolific than before I left (Didn't think that was possible) & simultaneously bemused that his

partner in crime, RAW, has made himself scarce. Weird days. Incidentally when did Madeline L'Engle pass away? On top of that

Terry Pratchett has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. It's been a tough few years for fantasy writers. Although in Prachett's case

I don't think Alzheimer's will affect his writing. I love his work but even I'll admit that not even Alzheimer's could possily

make it any more incoherent than it already is. :D Ah well, feel free to name and authors you're interested in. I'm open minded. 

Guest Dreadlord

Raymond E Feists Riftwar saga (The Magician, Silverthorn, and Darkness at Sethanon) is a brilliant set, along with the many follow on sets. Over the many books you see some of the characters turn from teenagers into old men. Feist is great

On that note I'm actually quite scared that Luckers

seems to have somehow become more prolific than before I left (Didn't think that was possible) & simultaneously bemused that his

partner in crime, RAW, has made himself scarce. Weird days.

Lol. Robert is still about, he just doesn't post much. I spoke to him a couple of weeks back and he's doing ok.

I've not read Kushiel's Legacy, though I've seen it about. I'll have to give it a try.

George R R Martin's, A Song of Ice and Fire is a great read. Very realistic and mature, but beware those books will make your heart hurt. (ill say no more; if you've read it you know what i mean). I always liked Orson Scott Card, its more sci-fi but very good.

I like the Earthsea series by Ursula Le Guinn, tho' I do not think those books as good as either <i>The Dispossessed</i> or <i>Left Hand of Darkness</i>. <i>The Dispossessed</i> is one of my all time faves along with Asimov's Robot series and Foundation series, and Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars trilogy.

George R R Martin's, A Song of Ice and Fire is a great read. Very realistic and mature, but beware those books will make your heart hurt. (ill say no more; if you've read it you know what i mean). I always liked Orson Scott Card, its more sci-fi but very good.

Very true. I am currently on the the fourth book. Very different from WOT but a gripping plot all the same. I would strongly recommend this book. Hey Dashiva, 'heart hurt' is WAY an understatement. I have closed it several times because of the evil things the author did! I shall say no more. Incredibly realistic.

Archived