1. 1. spigots or caudrens

• spigots
    • caudrens
    • pie spoon
    • washer woman. shaped washer.

This poll is closed to new votes

(and woman channelers cant touch mat!)
Men can't either.

Something to add: Mat's the only one in the world who can fight the gholam.
Cadsuane and Nynaeve have ter'angreal with the same functions as Mat's, so it's not impossible that they could do it too.

Rahvine killed Mat with the power, there for the foxhead only protects against Women. Remember at the time Mat got the foxhead only women could be Aes Sedai and he asked to be free from or protected from (can't remember the exact words at the moment) Aes Sedai. There shouldn't be any debate on this issue. A male channeler Killed Mat in Book 5, the power touched and killed him so the foxhead won't stop a Male channeler. Simple and clear logic with nothing I see to debate about.

[glow=green,1,500]Darth_Andrea[/glow]starwars1.gif    anim-ring.gif

There is no debate, except with those who refuse to accept the facts. Halima channeled saidin at him in LoC and it didn't work. Lightning is an effect, not a weave. Mat wasn't killed by saidin, he was killed by some lightning. It's the same as women picking up rocks etc. to throw at Mat with the Power - direct weaves are dissolved, indeirect effects of weaves are not. And Mat asked for a way to be free of Aes Sedai and the One Power. The bargain is hardly fulfilled if the other half of the Power is not defended against.

Hmm yea i guess it does stop men channelers to. Yea it wasn't a direct weave that touched Mat in book 5, it was like placing a firebomb beside him and letting that go (rock example ect.)

I pondered lots before this wondering if it stopped men to. The Halima thing proves it i guess :]

I can remember there was a whole scientific debate on the lightning and saidin and the medallion, but i guess Halima makes it all useless. :D
Not entirely. The science talk allows to us to understand why lightning is an effect rather than just a weave, as opposed to forcing us to shrug and just say "it's an effect, it just is, alright?"

mat never truly died anyway! and then again hes an important part to TG seeing as he has a thousand men's memories! matt is meeded maybe as much as lan, perin, rand, or even nyneve!

We know that he never truly died because he's still alive. And none of us are saying that he's useless. We know of his importance because of Min's viewing. All of the people you mentioned and more are the key to winning Tarmon Gaidan.

PLEASE NO!

this topic can get very touchy and intense...

I once thought that Mat died then came back to life in rhuideian but it was infact when he was killed by rhavin, then rhavin got balefired, mat comes back. It took way too much convincing for me to accept that but its what happened. please dont disagree or rabidly ravenous members will descend upon you with endless facts and really long posts saying the same thing ;)

Not really.

Yes, the Darkhounds slobbered on Mat's arm.  Yes, the damage would have been fatal if Rand hadn't balefired them and reduced that damage to a small enough amount that Mat survived until Moiraine could get there and heal him.

But, no, the Darkhounds never actually killed Mat.

PLEASE NO!

I once thought that Mat died then came back to life in rhuideian but it was infact when he was killed by rhavin, then rhavin got balefired, mat comes back. It took way too much convincing for me to accept that but its what happened.

I remember that. It was so much fun! ;D

PLEASE NO!

I once thought that Mat died then came back to life in rhuideian but it was infact when he was killed by rhavin, then rhavin got balefired, mat comes back. It took way too much convincing for me to accept that but its what happened.

I remember that. It was so much fun! ;D

Very true I quite enjoyed being the last one to fall to the balefire theorybut I was almost bludgeoned to death with the brick of reason along the way; but I came through ;D

Archived