DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Song, Chora Trees, and Tarmon Gai'don

nashdude

I had never seen an explanation for the abbreviation so despite kind of assuming it was that book, I had wondered if maybe there was another i was unaware of...

When I first saw BWB I was so confused, Going through a mental check in my head trying to find this ghost book. So I googled it and foung the BWB! Went out and bought and now feel in the loop  8)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do we assume that LTT does not have the voice? part of the prophecies talk about him singing and bringing life back to the land... (i do not have the direct quote...) He though Ishy might have "The Voice" in the prologue of EOTW and even though he was crazy, it was a very focused sort of insanity, he still understood how the world around him worked, which means that if it was ONLY Da'shain Aiel who had 'the voice' LTT would have known that... and Ishy looked nothing like an Aiel...

Forgiveness, I did not mean to imply that LTT did not have the Voice. Truth is we don't have enough information to guess one way or another. I was merely saying that LTT could reveal every sound he remembered from the singing--even give the singing to Rand himself, and it would do anything. The noises were an exprssion of the power of the singing, they hold no intrinsic power themselves. Thus the idea that LTT would be able to teach someone the words of the song, and this bring back the seed-singing is not possible.

It may be possible for him to teach someone who had the Talent of the Voice how to use it, but that would not involve teaching them magical lyrics.

OK, we agree then ;) Looks like we were arguing semantics here... I think that Rand, the Aiel, Perrin, and the Tinkers have will be forced to work together...and your right, the rotting-famine is a perfect reason for it...

Also, the universe is setting itself up for a new age, and it seems like most of us readers think that the dominant powers of that age will not involve channeling... Dreaming, Future Vision, Wolfkin, maybe "the Voice"... are there any other obscure abilities that have cropped up?

Who knows what is possible with deft manipulation of flows of Air?  If it's possible to gag somebody with a flow of Air, it should be possible to plug and unplug holes in a simple reed flute the same way.

I am not saying it is impossible...but I think that sort of fine-manipulation would take an extremely high degree of skill, not just strength...

Well, LTT was the greatest Aes Sedai of the Age of Legends.  My guess is that such deftness wouldn't be beyond him.  Thus far there hasn't been a single possible thing involving the OP that he/Rand hasn't been able to do.  Even those things that involve Talents.

I too think LTT had The Voice.  Rand may need to go to Caemlyn and encounter Elayne's iPod with it's huge treasure of ancient songs before LTT remembers the Power of Song, but my bet is that somehow he eventually remembers.

Whether Song will come into play during TG or only in the aftermath is what remains to be seen.

Well, LTT was the greatest Aes Sedai of the Age of Legends.  My guess is that such deftness wouldn't be beyond him.  Thus far there hasn't been a single possible thing involving the OP that he/Rand hasn't been able to do.  Even those things that involve Talents.

I too think LTT had The Voice.  Rand may need to go to Caemlyn and encounter Elayne's iPod with it's huge treasure of ancient songs before LTT remembers the Power of Song, but my bet is that somehow he eventually remembers.

Whether Song will come into play during TG or only in the aftermath is what remains to be seen.

Not true, Rand can not Heal the scratch from a kitten's claws...

i would be very dissapointed if this was the last battle

--

The forces of light and dark facing each other for a final stand off.

A shadow breaks loose.

The dark One emerges from the bore emitting darkness and fear. Now there is only a memory of light as the dragon reborn stands to face evil in its purest form...

and he pulls out a harp, sits down on shayol ghul and sings a merry tune to lock up the Dark One! YAY!!! he then falls over cuts his head on a rock and balefires himself

Archived