DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

For the MoN's delight. (ATTN Kara and Elgee)

Tigara

Blasted, horrible, vile, dirty, filthy, awful woman! Jasmyne stormed down the hall, fists balled, back arched, and possibly steam coming out of her ears. That woman had given her an assignment to teach remedial history. It would be so bad if not for two things. Firstly, it would have been better if it had been assigned by someone who did not brandish a paddle. Secondly, it would be better if it was not the student she had been assigned to, but no. It had to be Deanne. Deanne, the pouty novice who spent half her day making herself pretty, and the other half of the day looking at her handiwork in the mirror, so the rumors said. 

She was sure everyone nearby could hear her stomping on her way to the small classroom, where the girl was to be waiting for her. She stopped in front of the plain wood door, and took some deep breaths. Calm, yes, calm. She opened the door and stepped in, and surprise surprise, Deanne wasn’t here yet. More breathing, yes. Find a happy place. Jasmyne found herself thinking of Larindhra hanging upside down from a tree with a sad face painted on her midsection, dress covering her face. She started chuckling, and then heard the door open.

Jasmyne Ceres

Spends her free time plotting the MoN’s doom

Walking to the assigned room Deanne pouted petulantly. Extra lessons! Pah! Why in the Light do I have to learn about stupid Kings and even stupider countries and wars. That's not going to find me a rich husband now is it? She dragged her feet, hating every minute of the long walk. Stupid Tower, why is everything so far away? She thought to herself sullenly. When am I going to be Aes Sedai already? This is taking too long, I thought it was only a case of learning to control the Power, not learning about idiotic dead people!

Finally, Deanne reached the assigned room and ran a hand over her hair once again in the now familiar habitual gesture. She missed her bells, and had kicked up quite the stink when they'd been taken off her. She hadn't been able to sit down properly for a whole two days!

Putting her hand on the door handle she pushed it open,,not thinking to knock. After all it was only an Accepted.

Curtsying reluctantly to the woman in the room, Deanne announced her arrival..not hiding the distaste in her voice for the lesson she was about to endure.

Deanna almost reminded Jasmyne of herself. She spoke with a tongue dripping with poison, much like herself. If she wasn't so pouty and superficial, she may have great potential to be Aes Sedai. But not that she was able to judge that accurately. She wasn't Aes Sedai, so who knows what they thought.

"Well, we may as well begin. I wasn't told what you needed to learn, so I will go over some basics. Today, we'll go with Flase Dragons and the Trolloc War. First off, we'll see what you know. Name as many False Dragons as you can and when they reeked their havoc."

Deanne was clearly not paying attention, so Jasmyne had to repeat herself. Twice. Why wouldn't she learn!?

Jasmyne Ceres

Slightly Intolerant

OOC: If Deanne happens to actually answer, Logain and Taim wouldn't be on the list yet. *wink*

• 2 weeks later...

Deanne sat down near the window as she always seemed to do. Fortunately this one opened onto a view of the Warders Training yard and some Younglings were doing some exercise, whilst she was stuck in this room listening to an Accepted that sounded like she wanted to be there almost as much as Deanne did. There was no justice in the world!

Slowly she realised Jasmyne had stopped speaking and seemed to be expecting Deanne to answer a question which she hadn't heard. By the time she'd got Jasmyne to repeat it she wished she hadn't have bothered. Why in the Light would she want to know about the False Dragons?

Her answer was a shrug and a reply of "Well you're the Accepted. You tell me!" She thought she'd better throw in a sweet smile too, see if that worked. Strangely enough not many of her tricks and stratagems to get her own way were working here, in fact not one had worked. Still that didn't stop her trying.

• 2 weeks later...

The girl was as bad as the rumors said. Perhaps worse. An answer like that made her face redder than a beet. She briskly walked over to the window and closed the blinds. She rounded on the girl with the ferocity of a lioness. "Deanne, get your mind off the bloody boys in the bloody yard and pay attention to the bloody lesson!"

She turned to walk back to the front desk, when she heard Deanne say something that stopped her in her tracks.

OOC: Have fun! ;D

• 3 weeks later...

Deanne was shocked when the Accepted suddenly leaned over her and closed the blinds sharply then even more so at the words so fiercely uttered. What in the Light has got into her? It's not as if either of us wants to be here. Why can't she just let us do our own thing? Despite her inner voice, Deanne couldn't help but respond.

"Looking at a Warder you've got your eye on was I? I'm so terribly sorry!" Deanne said, sarcasm rippling through her voice. "With a tongue as sweet as yours I'm surprised you haven't a flock of Warder-to-be's at your beck and call! Does the Mistress of Novices know about your....extra-curricular activities? I'm sure she'd be extremely interested."

She smiled to herself and turned to open the blinds again. “I wonder how she could find out...and what she'd do to you if she did? After all I don't think Accepted are allowed down there much. Been running a lot of 'errands' have you? Some that have taken longer than they should perhaps?”

She paused then added. “That reminds me....I have been meaning to ask you. However did you become an Accepted? You must have struggled terribly!”

Jasmyne fumed. The vein on her forehead pulsated with her anger. A Warder? She cared as much about men as she did a horse. They were just more pawns for her to use. Nothing more! And that tone! The straw that broke grandma's back was when she questioned how she got to Accepted. She had worked hard for that! She had to put on so many fake smiles and superficial attitudes, she deserved to be Accepted. Moreover, she deserved to be Aes Sedai! And a novice was questioning her!? Before she knew what she was doing, her fist had met with Deanne's jaw and the Arafellan dropped to the ground. And just to add to it, she gave a couple sharp jabs to the ribs. Deanne was conscious, but wasn't really with it.

"What is all the racket in here? I'm trying to teach!" Jasmyne was surprised as a Brown flung the door open. Her eyes bulged when she saw Deanne on the floor and immediately knew what happened. "Accepted, what is the meaning of this?! You do not beat the novices. It is not your job. Both of you, off to the Mistress of Novices. And help her up." On that note, she briskly went back down the hall and slammed her classroom door shut. Jasmyne sneered at the girl, who was appearantly bleeding. She pulled her up onto her feet and stalked off, Deanne slowly coming behind her.

Standing in front of Larindhra's office, she knocked before Deanne got there. She just might be able to talk herself out of this one if she got to Larindhra before Deanne did.

Jasmyne Ceres

Unhappy

• 4 weeks later...

As the room spun, Deanne tried to work out what had just happened. One minute she had been insulting Jasmyne, with good reason she added to herself silently, and the next she was lying on the floor. Jasmyne must have hit her, Deanne realised as her senses cleared. Her jaw felt like it might be broken and she could taste blood, quite a lot of blood. Jasmyne's punch must have dislodged a tooth and it seemed her lip was split and felt like it was swelling to three times the size at least. Her ribs felt extremely sore and there was someone nearby shouting at them both.

Suddenly she was roughly pulled to her feet and slowly followed Jasmyne to the Mistress of Novices room, snivelling loudly all the way. During the walk she kept trying to stem the blood flow from her lower lip. By the time they'd got to Lahrindhra's office her long sleeves and the neck of her white tunic were stained with blood and her face was streaked with both blood and tears. She'd used the long walk from the classroom to the office to good effect, she was going to make sure Jasmyne paid dearly for hitting her.

No-one had ever hit her before, much less drew blood. This was going to be war!

Standing meekly behind Jasmyne as the girl knocked on the door, Deanne glared at her back before assuming her most injured expression, which, truth be told wasn't very hard. Then she raised the volume of the snivelling into loud racking sobs.

Now, she thought gleefully as the door opened suddenly let's see who gets in the most trouble!

Larindhra glared at the novice in front of her with a harassed expression. The Light knew she should be glad of having at least one novice this eager, but the child never let up! She seemed to be in Larindhra’s office every second day, asking for chores or permission to do the Light knew what strange thing next. “Selene, I don’t care if you want to wipe the bottom of every snivelling baby in the infirmary – just go do it and quit bothering me!” She paused, pondering briefly. “How is it that you find all the free time to do this? Maybe I’m not working you hard enough, is that it?”

She rose from behind her desk, fists on hips. “Well, that can be remedied easily enough. Apart from her abilities with channelling itself, Deanne is not keeping up with the rest of you, so from now on it will be your task to help her with her studies.” That should keep the child occupied for the next 5 years!  “And child, if I do not see a vast improvement in Deanne’s performance soon, you will regret ever having set foot in my study,” she added in a dangerously low voice. “Now off with you … and I don’t want to see you in here again unless I call for you, or you have been sent to me. Do I make myself clear? Now go!”

She watched the much chastened Selene exit on wobbly legs, then stalked over to her tiny little window an flung it open. Much to her surprise, she had come to love her duties as Mistress of Novices, but some days she longed for the freedom she used to have to roam the world. Her musings were interrupted by a loud commotion outside. What under the Light NOW … If that was Selene coming back, she would have the hide off the child! Face like a thunderhead, she strode over to the door and flung it open.

Larindhra Reyne

Mistress of Novices

Unfortunately, Deanne made it to the door before she got in, but there was still a small chance. Larindhra opened the door and Jasmyne rushed in and closed the door behind her so that larindhra wouldn't see Deanne. "Larindhra! Deanne is the most insufferable human being I have ever met!" Next to you, she thought to herself. "She was late to her lesson, she was gawking at the boys out the window instead of paying attention, she insulted me openly, and she questioned my authority!" She knew her vein was pulsating violently, so Larindhra would know that she was very angry. "Are you going to let her get away with that?"

Before larindhra could reply, the door opened to permit a very bloody looking Deanne. Light! Couldn't she have waited!? Now she would never get away with it.

Jasmyne Ceres

Deanne's new arch-enemy

Selene bobbed her wobbly curtsy and ducked out of the room, moving down the hallway deep in thought.  She'd missed the Accepted trotting by, but she looked up when she head a loud caterwauling.  The very novice Larindhra Sedai has chosen for her to be friends with showed up just covered in blood.  Selene stood to one side and gaped openly as Deanne whined her way to the Mistress of Novices's door behind a tiny accepted.  It might even be Jasmyne Accepted, but she couldn't tell from this angle.  Selene blinked several times and tried to melt into the wall and be unnoticed.  She'd only gone into Larindhra Sedai's office to tell her about how much she was learning and the story about how amazed she was at the accepted's quick thinking with the chil--

No.  No, she wouldn't think and fume about Larindhra Sedai's reaction.  The woman was always busy and by now Selene really should know better than to go running to tell her about every little thing that happened and to ask her where she could help.  Well! If nothing else, at least being given the task of helping Deanne learn should keep her busy, and would give her an opportunity to get to be friends with the rather... challenging girl. 

Selene was now torn between staying here outside to speak to Deanne when she came out of the office, but some here-to-fore ignored self-preservation instinct kicked in and Selene moved down the hallway to reshelve books in the library while asking the poor beleaguered Brown sisters more questions than even they could want to answer.

Selenessin

Showing uncommonly good sense

• 1 month later...

After taking a deep breath and trying to smear the blood a little more liberally, Deanne opened the door to Larindhra's office and all but sidled in looking very sorry for herself, determined that Jasmyne would not get her story out first.

Approaching Larindhra, Deanne dropped into a deep curtsy, staggering on the way back up which surprised even her. She hadn't intended to stagger as she had thought it would have been too melodramatic on top of the blood and wailing and all but, obviously, the blow to her head must have made her dizzier than she had first thought. Still, she thought fuzzily, it'll add weight to my assertion that that cow of an Accepted is a bully!

"Please, Larindrha Sedai. I tried so hard to concentrate, but when Jasmyne Accepted thought I wasn't learning fast enough for her she pulled me from my chair by my hair and thumped me." Deanne paused to sniff and begin sobbing again, wiping her nose on her novice dress sleeves again. "I know I'm not as bright as the rest, Larindrha Sedai, but I was trying hard. I promise!" She turned a beseeching gaze on the Mistress of Novices, making sure she didn't glance in Jasmyne's direction once.

The girl couldn't possibly have bled that much from a wound like that! It was all over her hem! She was only bleeding from her head! The girl was sabotaging her! And what a melodramatic buffoon! She staggered on the way up from her curtsey. She did not hit her that hard. She was fairly certain she knew her own strength. And since when did Deanne curtsy that deeply on any occasion. She glared at the novice as she gave her version of the story. It was time for another eruption!

"You little lying beast! You weren't learning at all because you had your eyes glued to some male hunk of meat! And I did not even touch your hair! Who would want to touch your hair! It's only good for a rat's nest anyways! And no, you weren't trying at all! You didn't want to learn a thing. I aught to hit you again, you feather-brained wench!"

She aggressively approached Deanne with her fists ready when she was blocked by a wall of Air. She turned her head in surprise to look at Larindhra, who did not look pleased at all.

• 2 weeks later...

A quick weave of Air caught Jasmyne before she could actually reach Deanne with her tiny little fists. Larindhra had been tempted briefly to let Jasmyne try her luck, but Deanne had shown great promise as a prize fighter, judging by her previous encounter with Esther. Besides, it just wouldn't do. She gave both girls a thunderous glare.

"Deanne, I thought my last warning to you had sunk in, but obviously it has not. This is not the first complaint I have received about you and the Warder's Yard, but I expect it to be the last." The weave to remove unwanted body hair was quite simple - and effective. Deanne's long locks fell to the floor in a rippling circle around her feet.

Larindhra turned to Jasmyne, ignoring Deanne's shrieks. "An Accepted is expected to behave like an Aes Sedai, child. That does not include hitting novices. No matter the temptation. An Accepted should also know how to lead so that a novice follows, not act as silly and childish as a novice. Since you behaved just as badly as this novice, you will receive the same punishment as she did."  Jasmyne's hair joined Deanne's on the floor.

"Clean that up, the both of you."

Whatever noise Deanne had made prior to that moment was nothing compared to what was emitted as her hair fell from her head. Having her bells taken from her was bad enough, truth be told she mourned their loss every day, but this? This was pure agony!

She fell to her knees sobbing and shrieking, scrabbling on the floor for her braids. She knelt there hunched over them protectively. Knowing Jasmyne was suffering the same punishment did little to assuage the pain of losing her beloved braids. She rocked on her knees, hands clutching what she could gather and sobbed her heart out.

"Wwhh...why!!" she managed between sobs. The thought suddenly occurred to her that no warder would want her looking like this and she wailed again anew. She couldn't bring herself to touch her head, though her she brought a hand up to it repeatedly.

She was vaguely aware of Larindrha tutting and of Jasmyne standing stock still as her hair fell around her feet. Surely no-one could ever feel the loss of their hair as much as Deanne did.

When she could eventually form coherent thought and sentence, Deanne mumbled under her breath "My father will hear of this!" She shoved down the unfamiliar and uncomfortable thought that her daddy wouldn't be able to do much, especially seeing as the White Tower was known to have a hand in the ruling of nations.

Shaking she eventually brought her hand to her head once more and sobbed aloud as she touched her smooth scalp.

The glare Larindhra gave was enough to make Jasmyne want to crawl in and hide in her own skin. No human being should ever be able to look so fiercely. That gaze could have made the Amyrlin Seat herself uncomfortable! Think of it! The Flame of Tar Valon squirming in her seat from the gaze of the Mistress of Novices. It wasn't logical, but she thought it to be possible. Fortunately, the Mistress of Novice's attentions turned first to the whining and vain novice to her right. Yes, berate the girl for her inattention. Berate her for gazing at men all day. Berate her for disrespect. Jasmyne glared at Deanne as Larindhra spoke and suddenly became very curious. It was a rather simple weave. She watched it being formed and then watched it stretch out to Deanne's head.

Her eyes popped with glee and she would have urst into hysterical laughter had she not been so shocked at the drastic punishment. Deanne's precious, precious braids fell limply to the ground around her and the dam broke completely. Jas fought the urge to rub her hands in delight as that Arafellan snob fell to the ground and clutched her braids in desperation, whining, crying, wailing, and sobbing all the while. It was the perfect punishment for such a vain individual.

Larindhra Sedai then turned her attentions to Jasmyne and she just stiffened. She knew that she had been busted. Larindhra knew that she had hit Deanne. Light, she just saw her try to do it again! What creative ploy would the foul Red think up for her today? A year's worth of documenting for Raeyn? Cleaning the Tower from top to bottom? A month with the Whites? She shuddered at that. She didn't know how many knew that she had a severe dislike for anyone in the White Ajah. She just hoped Larindhra didn't know.

Her eyes popped bigger this time and she froze in shock as the same weave came towards her own head. No. Larindhra wouldn't do that to her. She wasn't vain like Deanne! It wouldn't be nearly as effective! She lost her breath as she saw her curly locks gently flow to the ground and formed a circle around her. She couldn't even hear the novice's shrieks anymore. Her eyes were permanently bulging as she formed the mental image of herself as bald as Deanne now was. She slowly regained composure, bent down and collected her dark curls into a bundle. She turned and left the Mistress of Novice's office more solemn than she had ever been.

Jasmyne Ceres

Bald

OOC: YAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOO! We're finally done!!! Unless Lara wants another post or something.