DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WT Question

Sylvirci

Hello! I'm Sylvirci and I have an odd question.

I've never played a female char before, so if I tried and messed up how bad would I be beaten? ;)*grins wolfishly*

Seriously, I have not played a female, but my question is about the age groups among the Aes Sedai. What kind of interaction is there during the Novice and Accepted age groups? I mean how much freedom in and out of the WT? I got a general idea in the WT Rules but maybe a little more clarification to relieve some confusion? Please!?! ??? :D

I am thinking about writing a bio but want to be clear on the rules for ages and lower ranks before I start. ;)

Thanks,

Syl

I've never played a female char before, so if I tried and messed up how bad would I be beaten? *grins wolfishly*

I wouldn't worry to much, some of our best roleplayers have been males, in fact we have had two male division leaders in the WT, who were excellent rpers. We won't hurt you to much I promise. *eyes her sword and grins*

Seriously, I have not played a female, but my question is about the age groups among the Aes Sedai. What kind of interaction is there during the Novice and Accepted age groups?

There is as much interaction as you would like, you can look around for roommates, do chores with them, do classes with them. When you are raised you will be raised with a certain age group, and so all of you stay close to the same age, unless someone moves up to another group to persue a IC position, then it's as though you never knew them. Strange stuff I know.

I mean how much freedom in and out of the WT? I got a general idea in the WT Rules but maybe a little more clarification to relieve some confusion? Please!?!

There is quite a bit of freedom, you can stay in your age group or move around. All novices are played retro, which means that once you are raised you would be playing your aes sedai in the current timeline. 

Be sure to check out the website for rules on bio writing if you haven't already.

There is quite a bit of freedom, you can stay in your age group or move around. All novices are played retro, which means that once you are raised you would be playing your aes sedai in the current timeline.

So I would/could be playing an AS and/or move back to her Novice or Accepted years? It sounds like you are saying I could play the same char as both, just in different timelines. Is that right?

Almost. You basically play her Novice years at an unverified moment in the past, get raised to Accepted, play as an Accepted until you get raised to full Aes Sedai...

...After which you are able to play as an Aes Sedai in the current timeline, since you were a Novice and Accepted years somewhere in the past.

Jaydena, what is the First Borderland RP [Green Sisters] in 910NE? I am making an Arafellin who is fourteen at that time and becuase of it is going to the WT to be tested. That would also make her 104 at current timeline.  ;)

Thanks

Syl

The First Borderland rp was before my time, so I actually have no idea what happened or who was involved in it. Rae might know, she was around back then I think. I know it was the Greens. Actually I will go pm Taya about it she was a green then. Your bio should go through, as far as I know we have never had problems with them bouncing back. It's DMWTBIOS@gmail.com

Hee, I already let him know I know nothing about it (having only bothered to pay attention to Namandar, and only 'cause I got to kill a Green), but yeah.. pestering Taya would've been my next suggestion.

Eadon, you were around for that, weren't you?

Ahhh, the Borderlands RP. Now here is something I can ramble on about gladly.

The Borderlands RP took place in late 2000-early 2001, so yeah, a long time ago :) Basically it involved the Greens leading an expedition to the Borderlands, and training in battle weaves along the way. Lanfir was the Head of the Greens at the time, and Taya was teaching battle weaves. Lyanna was one of the best pupils, a very young Green at the time. We also had non-Greens in the "class".

This was also the RP in which Ryell Jagad, one of the most kick-ass military Greenies in DM history, lost the plot and deserted, breaking quite a few hearts along the way.

It was one of my favourite RPs evah. :P Very inspiring.

In more recent times (still a few years back) we did some retro RPing related to that RP, which if it's possible was even more fun.

Thank you all very much for responding!*bows low to all present* I especially appreciate the information from Taya. :D It will be helpful later on.

I decided after talking to Rae via IM that I would try a bio without using any mention of previous RPs. I made my Masuko leaving right as some Green sisters and their Warders were arriving in the capital of Arafel. I made no mention of AS or their WY at all, not even why they were there. Just a random encounter with a man who suggested the WT. Although it is obvious who and what they are. ;)

As for the emailing of the bio. I retried but as of yet don't know if it went through or not. I might have put letters in the wrong spots.*crosses fingers* I hope that does it as I sent it about five minutes ago. :P

Again I thank you all of you.

Syl.

P.S. Sorry I jumped the gun earlier Jaydena, I had just popped in myself and wasn't aware of how long you had been on. Forgive me?*Hits knees and begs* :-* :D ;)

Thank you Jaydena!

About the email, I have recieved nothing back this time so I'm pretty sure it worked. *thumbs up* I sent the first one with subject: White Tower Bio, the second one with subject: Re: White Tower Bio. I think the, Re: ,part in the subject line is important as yahoo (my email provider) always sends them back if I forget it. ??? *shrugs shoulders* wierd but seems like my fault. :-[ Sorry. ;D

Syl

I'm going to hasten to add a thought here - if you are having troubles emailing everyone and getting email, consider setting up an email account for Dragonmounty things, whether it be a nice Yahoo or Gmail account :)