DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Multiple Talents and alternate weapons

Rahlian

Ihave two questions:

1)is a character allowed to have two Talents (i was thinking to apply for Aligning the Matrix and Earthsinging)

2)can a character use a weapon other than a sword? (I wnated Basaar Taarol to use a warhammer, or some kind of blunt weapon)

1 you can try but it very rarely happen, personaly i only know of one in more resent times who had it, and he had it since old times...but it proves its doable ;)

2 sure of course you can, you can choose any maintype weapon you want, most just use swords, but its not a rule

Hmm...

Looking at the list, i think Arms of Air (2 Air, 7 Skill) would suffice for that one. Keep in mind though that you'll need a stronger weave for a better grip on the weapon, so if you actually want to hit people hard rather than prod you need to invest in Air.

Edit: Assuming lazyness:

Arms of Air: The simple action of wrapping solid Air around someone/something. The greater a channeler’’s strength in Air, the more formidable the binding.

• 2 weeks later...

To 'retrive' the weapons, Jehaine has got it right. Arms of Air will allow you to 'retrieve' the weapon if you loose contact with it. It's not enought to let you swing around something that heavy by itself, but you'll be able to call it back to your grasp.

If you're looking to use it like a boomerang effectively, you could be looking a at 5+, depending on the speed you want to use throw it at/have it return. Remember, your elemental scores represent your MAXED out potential with any given element. If you're using it as a surprise/last resort, a five or so should be enough. But using it as a move in combat...that'd require a fair bit more..

Hope that helped :D

I was thinking along those same lines. Do you think an eight or ten would be sufficient to use Arms of Air on my hammer as an effective attack?

On a related note, I make no claims that this is an original idea. I shamelessly stole this from R.A. Salvatore's character Wulfgar.

Well, according to the description on Club of Air, 9 Air is enough to topple a stone wall with it. Generally speaking, human body armor isn't that tough in comparison, so i'd say an 8 is fine.

You can go for a perfect 10 if you want, but imho it'd only be useful if your opponent uses the same tactic and you want to overpower his/her weave.

Hmmm, you seem to be implying that i have to email my OP scores ot someone. I was under the impression that someone was supposed to email me with them or something. I looked at the intro thread in the BT Div and the alicia wilkerson website and it said that i was supposed to recieve an email with my OP and WS scores. Is this incorrect?

Thanks in advance.

Ok thats what i thought. Im on vacation right now, so i havent been checking my eamil all that much. The internet here is wireless and very finnicky. I have a hard time getting onto DM, so i try not to stretch my luck too much woth trying for may email.

Makes sense. Just remember you're here for fun. The moment it become a chore checking DM, its time to relax and cut back :P

But Jehiane has it spot on. Jocelyn (or maybe Arath - Not sure which is doing the OP scores now) will send you an email with your Skill and Strength scores for Saidin. You then decided how you want to split your strength between the elements and email them back with your decision. There's a table that shows how much it costs for each point for each element (it costs a bit more for a male channeler to have high water/air skills, as they're mainly female dominated elements). I can track it down for you if you like, unless someone else has the weave handy?

Ps: I'm just an oldie here at the Black Tower, sticking my nose in since it's been while :P My only REAL advice is, if its wrong, Blame Jocelyn! :P (She's still probably shift the blame on me, but hey, do I look like I'd cause trouble? :D *Ignores the flaming pile of evidence in the corner*)