DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Greetings

Asha_man

The world is a complicated and complex place. . .with much stress and pain. Therefore I have no problem admitting that Mr. Jordan has provided me a wonderful world in which to escape the realities of my life. I had no interest in communicating here until I found out that Mr. Jordan passed away, which is old news to most if not all of you, but very new and painful for me.

I just purchased crossroads of twilight yesterday. I am on the last pages of winters heart. I was rushing to catch up, but with the hearing of Mr. Jordan's passing. . . .I think i'll take my time. It's a pleasure to be here and share with you all. Much thanks to the creators of this site. I look forward to sharing with you all. May the light illume.

Welcome to Dragonmount, Asha_man!  Er…it is a “_”, right? 

>.>

<.<

Indeed, the passing of RJ was hard on all of us, here at DM and many, many others.  He touched the lives of millions with this great and wonderful masterpiece.  Hopefully, Brandon Sanderson (the author chosen to finish the 12th book) will finish the last installment the way He would have wanted it.  Glad to see you amongst us. :)

Advertisement time… :P

Below are some Organizations you may want to check out.  They are small communities in which people of similar views can mingle and have fun.  They tend to ease the pain, too.  I would know. :)

The Aiel Org

This is a great org that has undergone some changes.  Come and have a look around.  Post a thread and ask questions (This should be done in ANY Org you are thinking about joining, if any), people will be glad to help.  You'll enjoy the fabulous Aiel drink, oosquai, just for posting aforementioned thread! :)  (the Aiel here are really just a bunch of softies ;))

The Band of the Red Hand Org

Come join the Music and Travel Org!  Have a few brews while you're at it.  If you like brawls, this is your Org!  A brawl can happen at any moment on any thread (though it is usually in a Tavern) and usually involves chairs, empty beakers, and miscellaneous items. ;D

Shayol Ghul Org

Join only if you like stabbing people and getting stabbed in return.  If you get offended easily, don't bother.  We're evil here.  No, really.

The White Tower Org

You can become an Aes Sedai or a Warder!  Gender matters not!  If you join the Warders, you can join one of three Disciplines.  (But Cuen'd'eren is best! :P)

Wolfkin Org

If you're wondering what the Wolfkin are, it's what Perrin and Elyas are.  Besides that, though, we are the Nature Org.  We love everything to do with wildlife!  And chili and TQ (tequila), of course. ;D

Also, you may want to drop by Fiddlesticks, home of Spam, conveniently located just a small way below the New Members board.  A place to just relax and have fun posting about nothing in particular.  Let your imagination run wild, but be sure to bring some tranquilizers just in case it gets too wild… >.>

Also, Organized Games is a great place to…er…play games! ;D  Not far from Fiddlesticks, the biggest game is the Mafia Game – test the limits of your brain to find the Mafia before they find you!

Above all, Asha_man, have fun, and don’t be afraid to ask questions! :)

All of our book discussion boards are outstanding.  Plus if you're in the mood to contemplate Mr. Jordan's passing you can check out our various areas and boards devoted to honoring his memory.  This website and those books have come to mean a lot to me over the years, though I've come and gone from each for long periods of time.  It's a good community however, the best devoted to Wheel of Time on the net. So wander around, meet the folk, have a sandwich and kick back.

JD,

CoL

Welcome to DM!

RJ's passing was sad news. It's a shame he had to be taken away from us so early, but he joins a great list of great writers who never finished/published what they started. Such names include Virgil (the Aeneid), Chaucer (Canterbury Tales), Tolkien (various Middle Earth based works), Dickens (The Mystery of Edward Drood) and many, many other authors. His work was fantastic stuff, and it is down to us, his readers, to make sure his name lives on.

Now, DM has a lot to offer, whether you want to discuss the books, get serious in Debates and Discussions, enjoy RJ's world by RPing, or just relaxing and having a good time with the ORGs. Feel free to check them all out, but do consider the Band of the Red Hand ORG. We are DM's very own music and travel ORG, and will be more than happy to see new faces pop by.

But whatever you do at DM, have fun!  :)

Welcome to DM, Asha_man  :D

RJ's passing came as a blow to us all, not only because of WoT, but also because of the wonderful person he was. He will live on through us and his books, hopefully for many many years.

Looking at your handle, I'm guessing you are interesting in joining the Black Tower?

Archived