DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Kin's Annual CRAFT Exchange!!!!

twinflower

lol any of you that have been around here, even for a short time, knows that we are a bunch of Craft nuts!!  And talented nuts at that!!

For example...Lor does beading, sewing, crocheting; Tay and Stef do beautiful cross stitching; Kia makes amazing jewlry; Kell is a photograher extrodinaire!  Neph and I crochet like madwomen; Horn is an artist whose drawings are incredible!  Jade..who is also the head of the Crafter's Chapter house here at DM..does a variety of crafts, including Scrapbooking!  Faerilin crochets and is an artist of cake decorating; I also quill and sew and like to just make something out of whatever!  THEN..we have those creative crafter's of words among us..like Lor, Sam, Kell..to name a few..and the Graphic artists..like Sor and Lor and Tay and Jhae!  *grins*

This month is the National Arts and Crafts month, celebrating Arts and Crafts!  This has been a traditional exchange in the Kin since it's birth!  It's very simple really...you make something to exchange with someone who makes something to exchange with you!!

The options are limitless as to what you can do!  Creating with food, words, yarn, pictures, fabric or paper or whatever inspires you! The project can be big or small..just so you have made it!  OR...if you insist you can't be crafty or just don't have time...maybe you want to inspire someone and can send one of those little craft kits!

Sign ups will be from now until next Monday...March 10th!  That way everyone should have time to make thier project to mail by the 28th of the month!  Yup..mailing date is by Friday, March 28th!

So...sign up here folks!!  Make sure your address is either on the Contact list OR that you PM it to me if you don't want it public!!!  I will give you your crafting pal on the 11th!!!

*bounces*  And this is the first month for our Golden Knitting Needle honories to be added!  They are added to the exchange..but do not have to send anything out!!  So we already have four!!

Twinnie

Ursula

Staffy

Danya

*starts rummaging in crafty crap and humming, glitter flying in the air*

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Count me in! I know I still have presents to get in the mail (I'm SOOOO sorry, Ursula! They're glaring at me, I swear!), but I'm determined to do something crafty this month! This is one of my favorite exchanges!

Guest Stefania Sedai

Whoever I get is probably gonna get food, cause I am sorta in a cross stitch lull right now. SO give me someone with a sweet tooth!

you know...one of the big things at craft shows are those layered jars of a recipe..

all the dry ingrediants like for cookies and soups or dips..then decorating the jars..*winks*  lots do the little cross stitch thingy's on top...

*hugs stef*  how are you love?  I should call you tonite...

Guest Stefania Sedai

Oh yes, I love that stuff! I just borrowed a cookbook full of recipes for soups that you do in the jars. I can't wait to try some out!

Call me whenever you want, darlin!

okey dokey!!  will do sug!! 

I have some of those books too..actually more like a pamphlet almost..should just copy them and send to you!!  One is for soups, one is for cookies and the other is for things like drinks and dips!!  I did this one year for christmas for all the family members...it was fun..but there is a trick to packing that stuff into the jars!!  LOL!!!  But it was fun decorating the jars....

Guest Stefania Sedai

Oh, no, sam! You have to sign up!!!! I just know that you are itching to get crafty!!!!

*staples sam to the thread*

*grins*

That's great!!!  and you have until the end of the month..*winks*  and we do give extensions.....*grins*  Mostly though..have fun, don't make it a stressful project!!

Ok anyone else?  Awww..c'mon!!!  *grins*  remember..if you want to participate..and don't feel crafty..you can participate and send someone a craft to do too!  Inspire someone to be creative!!!

so far we have:

Ursuala

Staffy

Danya

Twinnie

Lor

Stef

Zarine

Sam

*pokes kell*  well my photographer? hmmm...gonna take the dive and join us? Tay?  Sor?  Nephi?  Mmeesh?  Sienna?  Leanne?  *grins*  give it a think folks!!

awww... :'(  we'll miss out on your special creativity!!  But..*grins*  there are more exchanges through out the year!!

And everyone, seriously, I want to encourage you to participate..BUT only if you are comfortable doing so and feel you can afford it!!  We all understand budgets and time limits!  As our Elegant Eldest reminds us..this is the STRESS FREE zone..and the place for FUN and FRIENDSHIP!!!

*continues playing with her glitter and papers and glue*

*grins and hugs*

Oh I am sooo glad!!  *grins some more*  and if you are chopped anything its very fine and rich chocolate!!

*smiles*  That's why you have the option Ursula of choosing to participate!  This just means you get to choose one of the other exchanges to have as a freebie!  like..the cookies or candy one...or books or bookmarks..*grins* 

We would never deny you anything you want!!  well unless it was dangerous or bad for you....

lol well sometimes..ok ok i'll keep the antidotes and antiacids on hand!!

OK folks...I am going to keep the sign up open until the end of the week!  Things seem to be kind of slow around here the past couple weeks!  Since we don't have a specific holiday date to shoot for..just by the end of the month for the exchange..thought that might give a few more of you the opportunity to sigh up!!

*bounces*  Okey Dokey!  Anyone else want to play?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys..way behind on this!  Been underthe weather, the rug, the table..and couldn't reach my key board!  I'm terribly sorry..BUT!  I am pm'ing you the name of who you get to send your craft too!! with thier address!

Let's shoot for a mail date of March 31st!!  Have fun everyone!  OH and when you get your craft craft item or thing to make from your lovely Kinster..post here and share!!

questions?  hmmmm....

SO how's it going my crafty creative Kinsters?  Got your person from your PM's?

Have you been crafting yet?  *giggles*  I can't wait to see what awesome things y'all are making to give to each other!!  *waggles eyebrows*  I have been..in fact almost finished one part of my project!!!

WOO HOO!!! 

Archived