DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Goodies from TOR

Majsju

Not yet, anyway. Fine print on the site:

Within a day or so of sending us your address, you should receive an email with a download link for this week’s free book. As different free books are swapped in, about once a week, you’ll get further emails with different download links. This program will end when the site launches, but you can keep the free books; we won’t be erasing them with our orbital attack electromagnets. (Yet.) Did we mention, watch the skies?

I had the same concern, and signed up with 2 addresses.

I first signed up on Monday evening. And again on Tuesday afternoon.

So I've been waiting days either way - with both addresses - and verifying my Spam folder.

And still nothing.....

Same here.

Oh well, *goes back to reading my hard copy of Mistborn*

Well, earlier this afternoon, I finished reading Mistborn. This is an excellent novel, and I rather enjoyed the plot twists at the climaxes of the book.

And, as ya might guess, late tonight, Tor.com finally did send me the download link for the pdf version of Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson. :)

When I tried to sign up the other day it gave me an error message and said to try back in a FEW WEEKS!  I was shocked.

Then today, I got my email and link sent to the first address.  I downloaded it just fine.  Very weird over all, though.

I'm honestly not sure if I'll be able to read a whole book on my monitor.  I might see if I can download it to my palm and read it on that...

(Palm hand held device, that is.  Not that palm of my hand.  That would be silly.)

Got my link today as well.

Of course I would prefer a real book, but Mistborn have not yet found its way to my local bookstore, so this will have to do for the time being. Takes a bit longer to read, since I can't read for much more than an hour before it starts to get annoying, but what the heck.

I prefer reading books on hard copy, but I don't have any problem at all in reading my books on my computer or laptop.

As for those of y'all whom have not read Mistborn then y'all are in for a real treat. After reading and enjoying this novel, I am completely convinced that Harriet made the right choice of author for MOL. Sanderson is an excellent author, and you all are really going to enjoy Mistborn

I perfer reading paper copies of books since I find it hard to get into a book that is just text on the screen. The touch, feel, and smell of a paperbound book is part of the mythos of reading.

That being said, I got my free Mistborn yesterday as well. Looks good so far.

Got 3 links in the end....  ???

Anyway, I read a draft of Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson on my PC.

Doesn't bother me to read on the monitor. I'd prefer a hard copy - but its more difficult to read whil at work :D

100 Pages in to Mistborn. OK so far - reminds me of Warbreaker for some reason. The writing style and humor (witty characters - I like that!)

Damn, they drug their feet and I missed my chance to get Mistborn.  >:(

Edit:

I just had a thought, in the email that was sent for the current book there's a link to "forward this message to a friend", could someone here do that for me with the Mistborn email please?

my email is magick72@gmail.com

Thanks,

Archived