DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

windows VISTA help / Call of Duty 4

jefferson james

Hey,

I just recently built my first computer and Im having issues with windows media player.  Im unable to rip any Cd's if there in a mp3 format.  Im also having problems playing things that ive downloaded such as movies music and demos.

Is there anyone who has had similar issues or knows a way to fix it?

Also unrelated Im looking for people to play Call of Duty 4 with on x box live.  Let me know if your interested. :)

- To convert mp3 files to the correct format there is a website that has a downloadable program that allows you to. I have the link somewhere at home, so il look for itwhen I get home

- Afraid I dont have CoD4 on the Xbox, I just play the PC version in the city most weekends

- Not sure about the issues your having with your pc, could be a side effect of the new vista, or it could be that a program isnt running correctly

1. Is it possible you're getting confused between "Ripping" and "Burning"? Ripping a CD means getting the music OFF it, while burning a CD means putting stuff ON it. Ripping an MP3 CD would just mean copying the MP3 files off it in Windows Explorer. I've never used Windows Media Player to burn a CD from MP3's, so I can't help much there. I usually use the Nero software that came with my CD/DVD burner.

However, I understand Vista's built-in CD burning feature in Windows Explorer gives you the option of burning audio CD's, too. You put the blank CD-R in the drive, copy/paste the music files onto it in Windows Explorer, right-click the drive in the folder list, and choose "Burn". Vista detects that you have music files to write to the CD, and asks if you want to make it an Audio CD (which only holds 70-80 minutes of music) or Data CD (which can hold hours and hours of MP3 audio files, and plays on any of the increasing number of CD players that have MP3 capabilities).

Heh, I recently ripped the audio from the extended versions of all three full-length Lord of the Rings movies, and at 128kbps Stereo 44KHz in MP3 format, they all fit on a single CD-R that plays from my car stereo! That's 11.5 hours of LotR on one CD. It spices up the commute a bit.

2. What problems are you having playing movies, music, and demos? Movie problems are often because you don't have the right codec. Music and demos should be okay.

3. Hope you find people to play CoD4 with! I'm a PC gamer at heart. I haven't bought a console since the N64, and that was off eBay just a few years ago, heh.

Well, in that case, you should just be able to copy the MP3 files off it...

1. Make sure the CD's in the drive.

2. Click Start -> Computer

3. Open the drive with the CD in it.

4. Open the "Organize" menu and choose "Select All"

5. Open "Organize" and choose "Copy"

6. Click on the "More" entry in the "Favorite Links" section and choose "Music"

7. Make a folder for the songs if you like, then go into that folder.

8. Open "Organize" and choose "Paste"

The songs get copied from the MP3 CD into your computer's Music folder.

Archived