DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sexuality in Randland

avacraft

Quote:

if you believe homosexuality is a sin the answer is simple  dont be  gay  we are each only held accountable for our own actions  not the actions of others.

I pretty much agree with the statement but some would ask, "Are we not are brothers keeper". I prefer to not judge based on the fact that I do not want to be judged, not on whether someone else is or is not a siinner (I know I am).

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always find it amusing that straight people feel so confident about the nature of what makes a person gay to state it.

I don't think I ever once said I know for sure. I only said what I believe. And it's impossible to be un-confident about our beliefs. That would be an oxymoron, don't you think?

Having not been gay, they ain't really experienced it now have they.

If our fault is assuming it is true for everyone simply because it is true for us, then aren't you guilty of the same crime?

Regardless, I don't like the direction this is headed. If we can't control our sexuality, then we can't control our emotions or our thoughts, and then one has to wonder what we actually do control.

As I stated--and I stick by my conviction--sometimes we feel tiny impulses which are both illogical and counter to our nature. I'm not applying the "illogical and counter to our nature part" to homosexuality, even though I do believe that, but just let me finish: We have no choice in those impulses. We only choose how we act on those impulses, or whether we act on them at all.

I believe that the strength of the impulse depends--among other things--on the level of femininity we have within us. Most people--all people, I dare say--are somewhat a mixture of femininity and masculinity. A man's natural preference is masculinity, driven by testosterone; a woman's preference is femininity, driven by estrogen. Some things in our lives may cause an imbalance, I think. Perhaps being raised by only our mother, or some incident occuring which results in a closer bond with our mother than our father.

So some things outside of a person's control can result in homosexuality. But not before that person chooses to act on their impulses.

But seriously, if you want to go on discussing this, take it to D&D. Feel free to simply copy and paste, and I'll respond there. I don't want Maj to spank me for going off topic.

Yeah, I'll do that.

• 2 years later...

Archived