DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Kieran's Arrival

Strides forth from the forests below, bow encased on back, pair of axes on his hip, his tall golden frame encased by the morning sun as he approaches the gates of the encampment, his blonde locks strewn by the wind which also whips his cape ever so slightly, occasionally revealing the travel worn clothes upon his back.

Finally he stands before the gates and looks out over the camp awaiting word and permission that he may enter and join this fabled army of might.

*nods towards the gatekeeper to let the new Raw Recruit in*

You may enter, Kieran. Welcome to our campfires - the campfires of the famous Band of the Red Hand. An email about us is sitting in your inbox as I type this! Please go and have a quick read, as it contains a lot of important information.

Oh, and I will post in a minute all about us for you here! ;)

CARAI AN SHEN AN CALHAR!!!!

*sees Kieran*

Hello recruit come over this way to the tavern, and try out all the Band brews.

*leads Kieran over to the tavern*

*gives him a Flaming Shot (Archer drink), a Bandy (Cavalry drink), and the Infantry brew (Infantry drink)*

They are all awsome, but the Flaming Shot is the best.

I would have posted this earlier if I didn't have to go and get my dinner, but I was feeling hungry! And yes, I am currently multi-tasking! Eating pasta and posting!

The Band of the Red Hand is the Travel and Music ORG of DM. Below are ways how to earn points within the Band. As a Raw Recruit, nothing will stop you from earning points as you make your visits to each Regiment (as assigned by Executive Officer Footman) and find your home. Such ways to earn points include:

- writing reviews on places to visit/holidays you have been on

- writing reviews on music albums and gigs

- replying to other people's reviews and asking questions

- composing Jak O' the Shadow verses

- getting articles published in our monthly newsletter, The Hornsounder

- monthly roll call in the Band's private boards at DM

- any DM project we may have (currently a Battle Project, but all is taken at the moment)

- and much much more I cannot think of right now!

Of course, we are not all about working 24/7, as we do let our hair down now and then! We are famous for our bar brawls, which happen frequently! I had to close down the last tavern due to the brawl! We also like jokes, tales, funny pictures - things that will make us laugh!

Watch out for Redarms, the Band's police force! They uphold our Laws, and can bring anyone to trial for punishment, or spot fine a person with lines. As a Raw Recruit, you escape this for now with 4 free strikes. Once those are used, or you become a full member of a division, you face the Laws like any other Bander! The Laws have just been amended, and are being approved by Band Members. This happened as Band Criminals were getting too smart, and finding loop holes! Hopefully, many loop holes have been now closed!

We also have many games -here at DM, which can be found in the stickies, and also at the off board sites! Also, take the lessons to learn our ORG Game, based on the luck of dice! You get the selected weapons of your division, and can fight anyone in the Band! It is currently being revised, but the ideas will all be the same!

If I have left anything out (which I expect I have!), do not hesitate to ask questions! Someone will be able to answer them for you!

One last thing...

*hands Kieran a Marshal-General's Special Battle Brew*

CARAI AN SHEN AN CALHAR!!!!!

Well, enjoy it, as M-G Brew only comes out on special occasions! ;)

And the other Regiments will be here shortly to praise themselves! Very common, especially when they see a new recruit! But don't worry, you will be joining in that activity once you have selected your division! ;)

*bounces in*

hello! im northie, CG of the Archers, and very happy to hear that you are consdiering us! :D as one of out number once said "give a man a bow, and he thinks he's an archer for a day

teach a man the bow, and he's set for the rest of his life" and "Give an infant a bow, and he'll slice a strip off his forearm and then end up with an arrow in his own foot for his pains..

If you give a cav a bow.... they are an Archer on a horse.

We are what they all aspire to be, whether they know it or not."

all very true :D we definetly have the best people, best weapon and you really should join us :D

And that was a donkey anyway! ;)

Basically, once you reach the rank of Lieutenant (after 20 points, but that is quite easy), you can name a weapon that is associated with your division.

- If you are an Archer, it is your bow

- If you are in Cavalry, it is your horse

- If you are in the Infantry, it is your chosen blade

So, no horse unless you are in the Cavalry!

Archived