DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Demandred is hiding....

Tigara

Any chance Demandred to be Taim?

No.  Zero chance.

Thanks.

Because I was wondering, so far we saw the forsakens verry suspicious to each other and constantly fighting for Nae'blis position.

And now they just let this new face among them Taim to possess such huge force (100 asha'man).

We saw several AS and few Asha'man basically beating almost all forsakens (when Rand cleansing saidin), imagine what Taim could do with 100 asha'man.

Here's a quote From The Shadow Rising Chapter 23 that I felt Might Benefit this Discussion. This is Bair giving Egwene an Overview Of Tel’aran’rhiod.

"It is said that once there were those who could enter the dream in the flesh, and no longer be in this world at all. This was an evil thing, for they did evil; it must never be attempted, even if you believe it possible for you, for each time you will lose some part of what makes you human."

Quite clear to me that she's talking of the Forsaken.

If Demandred IS in TAR, which i'm not 100% sure on myself but it can't be discounted, what implications would that have for N/E/E who do a lot of their conversing / working / searching there? Presumably he's good at navigating and hiding there, he could have been watching and listening for months.

And yet we only have one confirmed sighting of Demandred spying on anyone in T'A'R, and that seems quite accidental.

If there is one forsaken that would have T'A'R as the base of operations, it is Moghedien. The Spider who prefers hiding in the shadows, and who considers herself the best of the forsaken in things regarding T'A'R. Interestingly, she sees lanfear as her competition in that area, never a wrd that demandred would have any special interest other than the occasional spying or meeting. And even Moghedien spent a lot of time in the real world. Someone like Demandred, who is supposed to be a way more active player in real world events should have quite some troubles lurking in T'A'R all the time.

But i personally think Taim is his own man.

I don't think so, for the reasons that Taim at the end of Knife of Dreams said "Let the lord of chaos rule", which is something only a Darkfriend, or maybe even something only a Forsaken and their closer confidants would say. Now, Taim would be in with them for his own self-interest and greed, but so are all of them.

But i personally think Taim is his own man.

I don't think so, for the reasons that Taim at the end of Knife of Dreams said "Let the lord of chaos rule", which is something only a Darkfriend, or maybe even something only a Forsaken and their closer confidants would say. Now, Taim would be in with them for his own self-interest and greed, but so are all of them.

Wasnt 'Let the Lord of Chaos Rule' the order that the DO gave to Demandred in LoC? IMO it could be an order that has been passed down through the ranks. Certainly i think Moridin abides by it at times.

Archived