DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fantasy Football Regular Season Wrap up, Playoff outlook

Emperor

The regular season ended last night with a few playoff spots still in contention.  Here are how things came out...

Tenshin vs. Emperor - Tenshin actually won a game last week!  It helps when your RB does not have to share time with AP.  But with Peterson back and Denver having a subpar game, Emperor took the win and secured his playoff spot.  Final 126 - 61.

Kynwric vs. Hax - both teams showed up this week as their teams had the combined highest score of the week.  Unfortunately a win did not matter for either team but Hax took home the bragging rights.  Final 127-123.

Saldean vs. Karana - A fight for a first round bye made for an interesting match up.  It all came down to Monday night as  I am sure Karana was sweating the mightiness that is Tom Brady.  Unfortunately for Saldean... Brady did not have such a great game and did not get enough points to bring home the bacon.  Karana wins 92-85.

Wooly vs. Seggie - An Empy or Empy Bro loss and a Wooly win would have put Wooly into the playoffs.  Well Wooly got his win, 116 - 88.

Boyo vs. Paityr - Once again Paityr's team struggles and disappoints him.  Boyo was basically playing for a higher playoff seed and comes out with a victory 114 - 99.

F Horn vs. Empy's Bro - Former 1st place Horn puts up dismal numbers against my brother's team.  Does this spell disasters for the playoffs?  Empy's Bro wins 123 - 79 and secures the last place in the playoffs.

Rankings:

1. Karana

2. Horn

3. Boyo

4. Saldean

5. Empy's Bro

6. Emperor

7. Wooly

8. Seggie

9. Kynwric

10. Hax

11. Paityr

12. Tenshin

Playoff picture

1. Karana

2. Horn

3. Boyo

4. Saldean

5. Empy's Bro

6. Emperor

Karana and Horn have 1st week byes and will probably need to give their teams pep talks as their teams put up dismal numbers this past week.

#4 Saldean vs. #5 Empy's Bro - Projections point to Empy's Bro as the victor... but then again this is the playoffs and anything could happen.  This is a really a Tom Brady vs. LT matchup.  Victor plays Horn next round.

#3 Boyo vs. #6 Emperor - Empy had 4 straight wins to make it into the playoffs and his team is on fire!  Boyo is the early projected favorite though by 5 points.  Victor plays Karana next round.

:o*rubs eyes in shock and awe, then closes jaw* Rob..... did you just stick up for me? What did you do with my real brother!?!?!

Not that you weren't speaking the truth...  There is no fear here empy.  I seem to remember thoroughly [glow=red,2,300]CRUSHING[/glow] you in the regular season... something like 95-58????

Well empy.... it looks as if you'll win... but at least I won't have to put anything in my sig... cause Brady went off against the steelers.

no much consolation.... but it's something at least.... *puts a paper bag over his head which shall be worn for the rest of time*

Soy, you put up great points.  Hassleback just had his best game all season.  I mean my second RB got 3.2 points.  I was sure he was going to get me negative points around halftime... two fumbles my ass. 

It is not over yet.  My brother has an Altanta receiver.  He could get 40 points.... right?  Ok it's over. 

Saldean... beat Karana and I will see you in the finals once I smack Horn around.

You got it, Empy.  I'll enjoy avenging my brother.

I will walk up to you and say:

"Hello.  My name is RobertAlexWillis.  You killed my brother.  Prepare to die."

Then, no matter how many times you stab me, I'll just keep coming.

All I need is for Adrian Peterson to get 3 yard on 14 carries again ...  ::) He would do that the week Karana doesn't play ... -sigh-

Good luck to all of you who are still in it. I sort of gave up on my team about half-way through the season after they kept losing no matter what I did to make them win.

:-\

At least my team looked good on paper. Oh well...there's always next year.

There will be no living with me!!!!  NONE! 

For those of you that follow the DM fantasy league with interest....

Saldean is losing and will more than likely lose to Karana.  I am beating Horn with a player left to play.... so it looks like Karana vs. Empy in the finals. 

Now Karana should be favored to win this match up.  If Karana does win, she rightly deserves the championship as she really dominated the league this year.  With that said.... I will appeal to those that route for the underdog.  I came back from 8th place to make it into the last spot of the playoffs.  I worked my team back from death to make it to the finals.  If you hate teams like the Patriots that bully their opponents, then you will route for me! 

Ironically, I will see Karana on Saturday before our main games start. 

Good luck to you in the finals.

Archived