DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Siuan's peculiar reaction...or lack thereof

bjclinton

I think that viewpoint will change -both in the SAS & TAS Hall- when it becomes clear that the Black Ajah/Chosen had a big hand in the impeachment & had Elaida acting as a puppet (it's irrelevant she didn't know this)

If the rebel Hall were to change its mind then they would have to acknowledge that Suain was still the lawful Amyrlin.

When confilct takes over, it's all a matter of who wins that conflict, because history has shown that it has always been written by the winner.

Really, most Japanese believe the nuking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki to be unjustified. Many German Skin-heads do not believe the Holocaust actually happened.  While I concur with RAW the truth is not that the Winners write the history but that those who write the histories in the long run determine who the winners are.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmm... so potentially we could have two 'likable' characters both believing they rightfully hold one of the most revered positions... Siuan and Egwene.

What sort of conflict would that cause, if Siuan actually DID come out as still being the lawful Amyrlin, and Egwene thought the same about herself...

Cads wouldn't want to be Amyrlin, last time she was considered for the position, she legged it from the tower for 10 years.

I'm thinking that in terms of establishing her legality, we have Teslyn, a sitter who is very pissed off with Eladia to say the least. although I'm not entirely sure if she is still a Sitter or not; I'm not sure if legally the Amyrlin can remove a Sitter, though Eladia seems to be running roughshod over the law it doesn't make her decisions legal. Even if she isn't legally a sitter any more she could join the rebels and be raised into the rebel Hall. It's be a good piece of propaganda for the rebels; having all the Ajah represented and all, plue Teslyn to give her support to Egwene and make her legal.

Signs are that Mat will be heading off on a rescue Moiraine mission, so I'm not sure where The Band will be headed and what Teslyn, Joline and Edesina will do, I would assume though that they might try to get back to the tower where their respective groups are now based, leaving 'Tessi' in a position to defect into the rebel camp.

But my point is, Egwene is spending a lot of time and effort to make herself a true Amyrlin, not just a puppet for the rebel little tower. However, if it is proven that Elaida was illegal and the deposing of Siuan was illegal and that the little tower IS legal, then the little tower would not be able to deny that Siuan was still the rightful Amyrlin, having been illegally deposed.

THEN they have the dilemma; Siuan is legal, and she is in our number, however we have also raised Egwene.

Personally i think Siuan would let Egwene take it, and become her advisor.

Suian has accepted her position as advisor, and is whole-heartedly supporting Egwene by KoD, besides which Suian has been diminished in the power quite signifigently, in the eyes of Aes Sedai and their screwed up power structure, she isn't very important any more.

Actually the rebel Hall determined that Siuan was legally impeached. They did this when Siuan was healed and claimed that she was still Amyrlin.

I always took it to mean that they considered her inelligible during her time as a stilled woman, and that meant that regardless of the circumstance she had abdicated the situation.  I didn't think that they conceeded the legality of what was done to Siuan, I think they just found a convienient way to put her off, and pick a new amrylin that wasn't so manipulative, strong willed, etc.

Now because I am a history buff and a lawyer I point out two things. When Egwene agreed that the Rebel sisters could negotiate with the Tower sisters her only pre-condition to a settlement was that Elaida had to be deposed. Now, when in the middle ages the Catholic Church found itself split and having two Pope's the schism was solved by declaring both illigitimate and electing a third Pope. Now, in our story who has tremendous prestige, been previously considered for the position, and now leads a group of sisters (possibly as large as 1/3 of all A.S.) that is sitting out the hostilities? Gentlemen and ladies I give you my choice for the Unified Amerilyn-- CADSUANNE OF THE GREEN AJAH, who happens to have the added benefit of being advisor, Voice and nanny to The Dragon Reborn.  Now I know it will not happen, but damn, it should. Grin Grin

I agree entirely.  But I would not count Cadsuane out of the Amrylin equation entirely.  As Tyrell points out, Cads ran from the office in the past, but it was because she didn't want to waste her remaining years tied to the tower.  At the time that she refused the position, the tower was not in dire straits, nor was she ready to conceed that she was soon to die.  Both of those situations have changed.  The tower is split, a fact that Cadsuane seems thouroughly disgusted with, and she does not think that she has many years left to live.  I would submit that Cads, probably does not expect to live past TG.  Taking these things into account, I think that she would consider it, where she refused to earlier.

Now, if we have a situation where a legal amrylin, Cadsuane, comes from the green ajah, perhaps appointing Egwene as her keeper, then it would make a lot of things easier for TG.  The tower would be instantly reunified, (both sides AND the unaligned 3rd), and headed by a legend of the (last) battle ajah.  She would be in a position to teach all the ashaman a lesson, don't #%$@ with the White Tower, and would be able to convieniently die during TG to make way for Egwene and Logain to do their thing, post TG.

I'm not saying that I think it WILL happen, but don't be so quick to discount your own idea, ;D

That's interesting, Cloglord. It's quite likely that Rand may yet know her wrath too, thus fulfilling part of Elaida's prophecy.

Personally i think Siuan would let Egwene take it, and become her advisor.

Why?

Because Siuan would do what she thinks is best for the Tower, and she can't have a much bigger vote of no confidence than being stilled and deposed by 1/3 of the Tower, treated much like a novice by another 1/3, and basically ignored by the remaining 1/3 She has virtually no support at all as Amyrlin, and therefore could likely do the Tower little good as its leader, whereas Egwene could do far better.

Archived