DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The real reason for the nicknames:

Pukah

Shendare, Chillimous, and Jelly: The dreaded assassins of the east.  Their handles, The Thin Guy, The bearded One, The Quiet One.  Some would say that their style of skills are unmatched.  But the truth of this may never be known.  There has been no known surviver of their assassinations attempts.  No one sees them coming, no one sees them leaving.  Truthfully, the reasons for the handles will never be known, because no one really knows what they look like.  These names are merely what they call themselves in their electronic corrispondance for payment.

An assasain! HA! I love it! BRILLIANT!

p.s. I'm not really an assasain though  ;)

Em.

Roka is a red fox.

Marjan was the most famous resident of the rundown Kabul Zoo. He witnessed Afghanistan’s turbulent history, from the 1978 murder of King Zahir Shah’s brother-in-law, Sardar Mohammed Daoud and his entire family, arrival of the communist People's Democratic Party of Afghanistan that launched another coup, Great Saur Revolution, USSR invasion, state of warlordism, and the Taliban’s fall. Once the western forces moved into the country, devastating conditions in Kabul’s, once well kept, Zoo were revealed. Marjan, the one-eyed lion, became an instant celebrity.

Marjan, which in Pashto means Coral, was born in 1976 and was given as a gift to Kabul in 1978 by the Zoo in Cologne, Germany. He arrived in Kabul and soon afterwards, a lioness by the name of Chucha joined him. During the USSR invasion, the city of Kabul was somewhat spared from the total destruction of the city. However, once the Russians left the country, the civil war that ensued, along with the state of total chaos, enveloped the city of Kabul in the middle of a battlefield. The zoo was shelled on many occasions, even destroying its medical supply facility, leaving zoo personnel helpless and unable to help wounded animals.

In 1993 one Afghan wanting to prove his manliness to the rest of his friends, snuck into the lion’s den. The Afghan stroked Chucha, the lioness, who did not react, but Marjan the lion attacked the man and killed him within minutes. The following day, the man’s brother came and threw a hand grenade into the lion’s den, rendering Marjan blind in one eye (which had to be removed), deaf, and permanently disabled. Despite several surgeries, neither Marjan’s eyesight nor his mouth could be saved. He lost all of his teeth, making it impossible for him to eat boned meat. A ramp was also built for him to get back into his den, as he was seen a few times falling down before making it back into the den.

OR, Marijan is your Christian name.

*nods*

As the holidays came down on us in a vengence, I had P.I.2 investigate Vemynal.  Here is his offical report (With coffee stains aplenty)

Vemynal:  Nickname Fumb Duck

Duck: Must be a bird.  Vemynal therefor must be a bird.

Fumb: Short hand for Fumerase B gene.  Most commonly expressed under anaerobic conditions in E.coli.  Promotor variable, but shown to express nicely with the LacZ operon.

Conclusion: Vemynal is a duck who can survive without oxygen, but likes lactose. 

P.S. Boss, gonna take a week off.  I'm about to get sick in Las Vegas.

As I have not had time to cross check the facts, there you go. 

Roxinos, The Great.  Roxinos, The Grammer Police.  Roxinos, The Swedish Maiden!

This nickname comes from the fact that Roxinos holds a patent on the swedish maiden.  This is a soft, sweet jelly like candy (ussually red) that is molded into the shape of a maiden.  Tragically, this came out the same time that swedish fish did.  While the two candies tasted nearly the same, the simple shape of the mold caused the fish to outsell the maiden.

Rumor holds that Roxinos did not seem distressed by this turn of events. In fact, he seemed quite gleeful.  In his course of destruction and mayhem, Roxinos has never worried about money matters.  From somewhere, he seems to have a substantial income.  One rumor even states that he holds both patents, the maiden and the fish.  Why someone would do this, I know not.  But Roxinos, The Swedish Maiden, has always been a devious tactitian.  Whatever his plans are, God help us all.

• 2 years later...

Archived