DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ogier Channellers

Kalthandrix

Here is a general question that I have always wondered. Why are there no male or female users of the One Power?

I have a general idea why, but I would like to know if there is an official answer or what you all think.

Here is my idea.

I believe there are Ogier power wielders, but because more Ogier never leave the steddings, they either never know or if they do manifest the ability to channel, they do not ever leave again and it is kept very quite.

It could have been the possibility of Ogier male channellers running rampant after the Breaking which lead to the female Ogier being the dominant sex, dictating a lot of the husbands activities and also why young Ogier are not usually allowed to leave the stedding - the Elders first want to know beyond a doubt that they will not develop the ability to channel.

These are just my thoughts and I would like to hear what anyone else has to say.

This is a concept which really should be discussed elsewhere, because I'm getting the feeling your trying to argue a way into having an Ogier channeler.

But no, I don't think there are Ogier channelers anywhere, as I thought I read in one of the books there are none.

You can move this to debates, or discussions if you want.

EDIT: Overreacted a little when I first saw this, as the rules are rather firm on character creation.

Guest Dalinar

I've got no problem with this kind of discussion on our boards. Any activity is good activity, provided it's not hostile activity.

It would be very appropriate to point out that Ogier channelers are not allowed in the DRPSW, and leave it at that. Muir has also pointed out RJ's point of view on the matter.

Secondary to that, I'll point out that once someone channels, they will, inevitably, channel again. And again, and again. They won't be able to help themselves. This is cited in numerous places throughout the books. Now consider also the reactions of channelers that spend any considerable time in the stedding - they usually get edgey, basically. I'm pretty sure that Rand could still "see" saidin "over his shoulder" while he was in the stedding, just couldn't access it.

Ogier require stedding to live. They'd probably also require channeling to stay sane (IF they COULD channel, which they can't... but anyway...). The conflict would probably be enough to rip them apart, and thus, be counter-productive to the survival of any such ability in the species.

So that's just my two cents,

Cheers,

Dali/Ben.

yes at Dragonmount there are no channeling Ogier, but if you want a channeling Ogier Character go to www.mirrorsofthewheel.com and go register at visions, there are channeling Ogier allowed there. But you shouldnt leave DM, just register a character there also

I NEVER WANTED AN OGIER CHARACTER!!!

That being said, I would like to point out that never did i hint that I wanted one, nor say I did, it was an assumption made by someone else.

I only wanted to know if there were, if there was an official reason to there not being one, and to discuss why there are not Ogier channelers.

Period. Thats it. No hidden motives or power gaming attempts- just trying to make conversation.

Not tryin got be rude or anything, just want to clear the air.