DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Kmart made a boo boo.

Roxinos

811121f2.jpg

Don't even try looking for it on KMart.com. They removed it from the listing after it sold out. They've already admitted it was a price error and are most likely going to refund the money to the people who bought it. My brother bought 5. The computer store it worked for bought 35.

I do believe those people have legal recourse for that.

I knwo, for example, in some states, if you get charged $3 for a $1.29 box of doughnuts, the store is REQUIRED to give you the regular price, plus 10% or $5, whichever is higher, up to certain limits.

The same goes the other way around. If a store advertises a certain price, they are legally required to provide the product at that price to anyone who purchased it prior to announcing the typo. The specifics vary state to state, as I said.

No. Actually, they are not. A company or store is only legally responsible for providing the listed price if the price is stated as being a special. Otherwise, they don't have to.

I know this through my dad, who worked at Winn-Dixie for something like 10 years or so. It's the same laws for both Winn-Dixie and Kmart.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived