DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Bionic Woman Discussion

Emperor

Well there is some news but thought I would put up a thread for discussions when the show starts later this month....

From AICN:

The tumult continues over at NBC’s “Bionic Woman”!

Glen Morgan, who wrote for “The X-Files” and “Millennium” before he found big-screen success with “Final Destination,” has left NBC’s “Bionic Woman.” Creative differences are cited.

“Battlestar Galactica” honcho David Eick remains showrunner on the project. Acclaimed writer Jason Smilovic (“Karen Sisco,” “Kidnapped”) remains also.

“Bionic” premieres on NBC Sept. 26.

ahhh gotcha.  i knew they did the movie, dident know about a tv show.

Well, there were a couple of TV movies that turned into the weekly tv show, but there was never a proper theater movie as far as I know...

Wiki says the original idea was from a book called 'Cyborg' by Martin Caidin from 1972.  There were three television movies in 1973:  'The Six Million Dollar Man', 'The Six Million Dollar Man: Wine, Women, and War', and 'The Six Million Dollar Man: Solid Gold Kidnapping' all starring Lee Majors as title character Air Force Colonel Steve Austin.  It was then turned into a tv series in 1974 which ran until 1978.  In 1975 The Bionic Woman was introduced in a two part episode with that name as the title where Steve Austin's girlfriend, Tennis Pro Jaime Sommers (played by Lindsay Wagner) is involved in a parachuting accident and Austin gets the agency he works for to rebuild her as well.

They originally had her die, but then brought her back and eventually gave her her own show due to the character's popularity.  The spinoff 'The Bionic Woman' then ran concurrently with TSMDM from 1976-1978.

In the late 80's and early 90's there were then three more made for TV 'reunion movies'.  The first was 'The Return of the Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman' in 1987.  I believe I actually watched that one on tv...  ;D  In that one Steve's young adult son is involved in an flight accident and becomes bionic as well. The second was 'Bionic Showdown: The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman'in 1989, and the last was 'Bionic Ever After' from 1994, which ends with Steve and Jaime getting married finally...

There you go.. more information than you ever wanted to know about... ;D

• 2 weeks later...

From AICN:

The girl who plays Sarah Corvus and Kara Thrace spoke for about 22 minutes to KUFO-FM’s “Cort and Fatboy” Wednesday night and said she’ll be doing a lot more “Bionic Woman” this season.

Katee “Baby Spank” Sackhoff is currently shooting her fifth episode of the NBC show even as she’s shooting “Battlestar Galactica” 4.11 (an episode, she tells the duo, viewers are not likely to see until 2009).

“Galactica” and “Bionic” apparently shoot right next to each other in Vancouver. “Bionic” currently has a 13-episode order that could grow to a full season if ratings warrant.

Hopefully they will. Sackhoff says she’ll appear in seven episodes of “Bionic” this year, and is contracted to become a series regular if NBC picks the show up for a second season.

She is also asked (repeatedly) about being so much more popular among critics and viewers than the brunette bionic woman. Here’s how Fatboy plugs her appearance:

It appears previous interviews with us have gotten her in enough trouble with NBC/Universal that she now necessitates a publicist to make sure she doesn't slip up and explode the heads of her higher ups. And even with that publicist, she lets a couple interesting things go in regards to both Battlestar AND Bionic Woman

HEAR: Katee give a non-committal "hmm" as a non-answer to the prospect of Sarah and Jaime becoming 2007's Buffy and Faith should Season 2 get greenlit.

LISTEN: As Katee weighs in on the revelation of the Final Fifth and why he's maybe not the best choice they could have come up with

WONDER: As Katee seems to call the identity of Starbuck herself into question for Season 4, and hints at Adama angst leading to multiple attempts at asswhipping.

Plus she just generally is her cute adorable self as she admits she totally ripped off Tricia Helfer for a fat paycheck.

That's cute. ^_^

I really wanted to watch this, but (as ashamed as it makes me to admit it) I'm finding Gossip Girl as addictive as crack. Or at least, as addictive as I've heard crack to be. I saw some bits and pieces, unfortunately none of them had Katee in them.

I thought it was pretty cool. I like Jamie's acting, and the support cast are all really stong. There's a thread of realism running through the way they set up the organisation as well, thats been lacking in other version of the whole syborg super hero idea (Jake 2.0 anyone?).

Didn't like Isiah Washington. Pretty much he struck me as a bit of a prat who was trying to steal screen time. I never liked him on Grey's Anatomy either, and that was before the whole clash with T.R. Knight.

Guest Far Dareis Mai

I watched the repeat earlier today and I actually liked it. I've been nursing canceled Buffy wounds all these years, but I think I'm ready to take on another female super hero lead. :D

Archived