DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

21 Questions Movie Game - ROUND 3 (ironcross)

ironcross

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Q18: Was the film's original release in Iceland, Belgium, Norway, or Sweden?

We can search imdb by country, and then by year. I think we can find it if we figure out the country.

EDIT: imdb does not have film lists for Iceland or Belgium because they do not have more than 500 movies in their database. So hopefully it's not from one of those countries.  :P

AWESOME. That shortens the list by more than half.  ;D

The list I have still has 72 titles, all but 10 of which are ostensibly from Norway, oddly enough (Hax). I think a good portion of these are American or other English-language country's movies that are listed because they were released in Nor/Ice/Belgium in 1981 or 1982, and some probably were never released internationally.

I'm going to post the full list, and if anyone wants to go through them and weed out any movies you know are originally from a country other than Norway, Iceland, or Belgium, that would be great. Otherwise, we can narrow it down with another question about the year or which of the three countries it's in.

Curse of Welwitschia

Lit, Le (Het Bed)

Maria Danneels (of het leven dat we droomden)

Jón Oddur & Jón Bjarni (the twins)

Punktur punktur komma strik

Útlaginn (outlaw: the saga of gisli)

Með allt á hreinu (on top)

Okkar á milli: Í hita og þunga dagsins (inter nos)

Rokk í Reykjavík

Sóley

Amateur, The

Black Cat (gatto nero)

Blow Out

Boot, Das (the boat)

Bushido Blade, The

Cannonball Run, The

Chi trova un amico, trova un tesoro (who finds a friend, finds a treasure)

Death Hunt

Entity, The

Fan, The

For Your Eyes Only

Fort Apache the Bronx

French Lieutenant's Woman, The

Gangster Wars

Ghost Story

Hell Night

Honky Tonk Freeway

Julia Julia

Just Before Dawn

King of the Mountain

Lady Chatterley's Lover

Liten Ida (little ida)

Martin

Night School (terror eyes)

Nighthawks

Occhio alla penna (buddy goes west)

Olsenbanden gir seg aldri!

Outland

Piranha Part Two: The Spawning

Prince of the City

Prognose Innerdalen

Pursuit of D.B. Cooper, The

Ruckus (the loner)

Salamander, The

Scanners (telepathy 2000)

Sharky's Machine

So Fine

Stripes

Texas Lightning

Thief (violent streets)

This Is Elvis

True Confessions

Venom

Victory

Zeppelin

50/50

Attack Force Z (z-men)

Banana Joe

Border, The

Carl Gustav, gjengen og parkeringsbandittene

Cat People

Engler i sneen

Firefox

Henrys bakværelse

Krypskyttere

Leve sitt liv

Missing

Mother Lode

Olsenbandens aller siste kupp

Pakketur til paradis

Trail of the Pink Panther

Wrong Is Right (man with the deadly lens)

i will give you guys a free one.  there is some controdicting info on the web on this movie. when i googled it i got three diferent releace dates and two diferent release countries, so ALL OF MY INFO comes from IMDB. if you are getting your info from anywhere else it may be wrong.  i should have posted that befor i guess. i just want to be shure that we are all on the same page here. 

i was just looking at somthing on there and imdb itself has some conflicting info on the dates, on the movie info page it gives one date, and on the brouse by date list if gives another. as i have been using the movie info page this might lead to some confusion.  i may have to give you a cuple extra questions to make up for that

ok i feel i have to give you a hint, just becuase imdb is messing this up. the movie infor page sayes it's earliest release was 1981 but on the movies by year list it is listed as 1980.  i dident know that it was lited as a 1980 movie on the second list there as i had just been going to the movies info page.  i should have picked a easier movie :(

I think I have it guys...

The Gods Must Be Crazy

It only grossed $28,358,465.

It is more than 2 words.

IMDB says 1980 but released in 1981.

It is a comedy that many people would know and love.

It was originally released in Norway.

I LOVE that movie. Or maybe it's Gods Must Be Crazy 2. I can't remember which I liked better. But if you haven't seen one or both, go see them. *nods*

I think that's a good choice, Empy, since it's something that's familiar in the US, despite being first released in a different country.

I'll take a look at the 1980 list just for a looksee to find out if anything else might jump out at me.

Coke bottle fallen from an airplane, African children, and a hyena is the one I'm thinking of. Pretty sure there were monkeys, but I don't remember the fat lady. It's been a while, so it's likely just my Alzheimers kicking in. ^_^

So, Gods Must Be Crazy is not listed in the 1980 browse by country/release year, but I think it sounds more reasonable than any on the list, so I don't know what we want to do next. The 1980 list for Norway is

Witte, De (Whitey) (1980)

Fabel (1980)

Nedtur (music be the food of love) (1980)

Svart hav (1980)

Fog, The (1980)

Belønningen (1980)

When Time Ran Out… (day the world ended/earth's final fury) (1980)

Night of the Juggler (new york killer) (1980)

1958 (1980)

At dere tør! (stop it!)(1980)

Fame (1980)

Changeling, The (1980)

La elva leve! (1980)

Tom Horn (1980)

I ungdommens makt (junior heads) (1980)

Long Riders, The (1980)

Big Red One, The (1980)

Liv og død (1980)

Shining, The (1980)

Arme, syndige menneske (1980)

Final Countdown, The (USS Nimitz) (1980)

Cruising (1980)

Mountain Men, The (1980)

Brubaker (1980)

Xanadu (1980)

Blue Lagoon, The (1980)

Superman II (1980)

Poliziotto superpiù (Super fuzz/super snooper)(1980)

Gloria (1980)

• Community Administrator

Where did I say in my post a 'fat lady' i just said a lady. :P

I know what movie your taling about, but I seem to recall that 'lady' from 'crocadile dundee, or an blonde that looks like her, going up a windmill that powers a water pump, and every time she spun the blades, these damned monkies kept on stealin her water...

I don't rember this being in Crocodile Dundee, but in that movie with the coco-cola cap/bottle. And soe aborginal guy.

Where did I say in my post a 'fat lady' i just said a lady. :P

I know what movie your taling about, but I seem to recall that 'lady' from 'crocadile dundee, or an blonde that looks like her, going up a windmill that powers a water pump, and every time she spun the blades, these damned monkies kept on stealin her water...

I don't rember this being in Crocodile Dundee, but in that movie with the coco-cola cap/bottle. And soe aborginal guy.

Wow, I really thought I read "fat lady"... I guess I Must Be Crazy. Yes, there is a not-so-fat lady who hangs out with some archaeologist/scientist or something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gods_Must_Be_Crazy

Archived