DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

21 Questions Movie Game - next round

Kivam

So we can at least gather from that the the actors in the movie, were at least mainstream actors, but there may have been a few unknown cast members. :P

Is the movie one of the following

action, history, sci-fi or Thriller.

No - you can gather that [glow=red,2,300]at least one[/glow] of the actors was not a relative unknown.  The rest of the cast might be entirely unknowns, or they might all be famous actors.

Oh, and to recap:

Q1: Did this film premier in theaters after December 31, 1989? YES

Q2: Did this film premier in theaters after December 31, 1999? NO

Q3: Was this film nominated for any Academy Awards (for acting, directing, anything)? NO

Q4: Is this movie one of the folliowing, an action, comedy, family, history, mystery, sci-fi or thriller? YES

Q5: Does the story take place in the 20th century? YES

Q6: Were the actors relatively unknown before this movie was made? NO (at least one, possibly more of the primary cast members was not a relative unknown)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Q3: Was this film nominated for any Academy Awards (for acting, directing, anything)? NO

Q4: Is this movie one of the folliowing, an action, comedy, family, history, mystery, sci-fi or thriller? YES

Q6: Were the actors relatively unknown before this movie was made? NO (at least one, possibly more of the primary cast members was not a relative unknown)

Q7: Is one (or more) of the actors in our Favorite Actor competition thread in this movie? NO

Q8: Is the director from the US? YES

Q9: Is the movie one of the following: action, history, sci-fi or Thriller? NO

Ok, this is what we know...

The movie did not get nominated for an Oscar, is either a comedy, mystery or family, it was released in the 90's, was directed by an American and takes place in the 20th Century.

Ok, I'm gonna go with my trademark question:

Q10: Does this film star Kevin Bacon?  ;D

Ok, this is what we know...

The movie did not get nominated for an Oscar, is either a comedy, mystery or family, it was released in the 90's, was directed by an American and takes place in the 20th Century.

Ok, I'm gonna go with my trademark question:

Q10: Does this film star Kevin Bacon?   ;D

;D

NO

Q7: Is one (or more) of the actors in our Favorite Actor competition thread in this movie? NO

Q10: Does this film star Kevin Bacon? NO

Q11:  Was this movie popular with the general public (was the box office gross over 40 million)? NO

So what we know:

The director is from the states.

The movie is a comedy, family, or mystery. My bet is Comedy but I wouldn't rule out family either.

The story takes place in present day.

It was released in the 90's.

It didn't make more than 40 million at the box office... so probably a box office bomb.  It may not have been well known or it may even be straight to video.

Q10: Does this film star Kevin Bacon? NO

Q11:  Was this movie popular with the general public (was the box office gross over 40 million)? NO

Q12: Is it a comedy, not geared particularly toward families/children? NO

Q13: Does the title contain more than two words (as it is spelled in the marquee/movie poster)? YES

Anybody plan on asking Q14?

Ok what we know....

The movie was in the theatres between 1996 and 1999.

This movie was never nominated for an Oscar.

The film takes place in the 20th century.

At least some of the cast were already established actors.

The film wasn't a great success... it grossed less than 40 million at the box office.

It is not a comedy geared toward adults.

It can only be a comedy geared toward kids or families, a family movie or a mystery.

The title has more than two words.

With that, I am going to offer up some suggestions for us to discuss before asking. Keep in mind we only have 7 questions left.

It seems the odds are this is a family movie.  I am debating if there is a real need to waste a question on ensuring this.

Kivam:  Is this movie a live action film? 

• Community Administrator

Well, I was thinking of O, but if it doesn't have an O in it, that doesn't tell us much of anything,  but if it does, that narrows the list down. E on the other hand, if its a yes that tells us nothing, but if no that tells us alot... So really its a gamble, and if you like I could exclude the word 'the' from the title. :P

Archived