spigots or caudrens  

114 members have voted

1. 1. spigots or caudrens

• spigots
    • caudrens
    • pie spoon
    • washer woman. shaped washer.

This poll is closed to new votes

Ok, I see your point.  But her lack of trust comes from Rand trying to keep her away.

When does Rand try to keep her away, as far as she is aware of? She chooses not to go with him into the Waste, and she chooses not to go to him when he gets back. She's just as responsible for their separation as Rand is.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Elayne could have drank that tea before she slipped into the sheets with Rand. That is like your girlfriend not taking birth control; not telling you she did it, and getting pregnant on purpose.

If it were me, I'd be pissed.

No. If it were you, you should have worn a condom instead of blaming it all on your girlfriend. It isn't only women who are responsible for pregnancy, and the pill is not 100% effective, even when taken according to the directions, so the chance of an unwanted pregnancy is always there. Both partners have some responsibility in it.

Likewise, if Rand didn't want to be a father, he should have either witnessed Elayne drinking the tea, or simply not have had sex with her. He didn't do any of that, so he was part of the decision-making process, albeit in a passive way. Not taking any reasonable precautions against pregnancy is a decision to have a potential child.

Archived