spigots or caudrens  

114 members have voted

1. 1. spigots or caudrens

• spigots
    • caudrens
    • pie spoon
    • washer woman. shaped washer.

This poll is closed to new votes

Mine has to be Min. She's funny, independant and cheeky. Also, who do you think Rand needs most? Again I'd say Min. Her visions can be useful to him and she keeps his feet on the ground (kinda). My least favourite is probably Aviendha just because RJ rarely writes from her PoV so I don't feel as though I know her and her character has not been developed as much as the others.

I like Min the best, not because Rans needs her the most, but just because I liker her character. She is fun, and her visions....thats cool. And She's a tom boy that starts to get girly as she gets older, and I like that because I can relate to that. She seems more real then the other 2.

Aviendha, Min close second, Elayne distant third.

Aviendha is by no means perfect, but she is cool.

Min is too needy.

Elayne has been good throughout the series, but starting when she left Tear with Nynaeve [when they went to Tarabon] both of those girls have been a chore to read about their social/emotional interactions. Nynaeve is getting better... hopefully marriage will make her more livable, but Elayne getting pregnant is making her worse.

I like Min the best because she is the only one of the three whom has always and unequivocally been in love with Rand. Also, of the three, Rand needs Min the most for she is his anchor onto sanity. I like Aviendha as a very close second, but to me? Elayne is not a far distant third in my opinion as compared to how much she is disliked by seemingly the vast majority of WoTmaniacs.

Guest cwestervelt

It is Elayne's attitude.  Since Min made the prediction that Elayne's babies would be born safe, Elayne has been extremely careless.  She never thinks about what her safety is costing others.  People are dying because Elayne doesn't stop and think.

I love Min, and agree that of the three she is probably the one who loves Rand unconditionally. I like Aviendha too, but I don't think her relationship with Rand is as great as Min's. Elayne is just plain haughty. She seems very high-maintenance, expects a LOT, and seems to think the world should bow down to the all-mighty-perfect daughter-heir. Also, can Rand ever truly reconcile himself to Aes Sedai? He has issues with women who use the One Power, (I don't blame him, after all he's been through), and I don't think he could ever be fully comfortable with Elayne.

By the way, I'm only on Path of Daggers, so the situation could have changed quite a bit in the later books. Forgive me if my rambling no longer applies.  ::)

Guest cwestervelt

I forgot her complete lack of gratitude.  If it weren't for Rand, she wouldn't have a country to rule.  When she makes her little visit to the Andoran Throne room via Tel'aran'rhiod, she completely misinterpretted everything, and in the worst possible way.  Rand wasn't treating the Lion Throne as a trophy, he was putting himself in a position of subservience to the absent ruler.  He wasn't putting on airs by wanting thrones, that other monstrosity was thrust on him by people currying favor.  Not once did she attempt to find out what was really going on. 

That is a little harsh on Elayne.  Yes, she probably should have found out the facts, but it is rather hard to do that if the person in question, namely Rand, refuses to come near you.  Even though it is to protect her, it makes it dificult to have a healthy relationship in which there is communication. 

Guest cwestervelt

Well, the last time Rand saw her prior to that, she gave him too letters, one of which basically told him she never wanted to see him again.  She developed her oppinion of what was going on with Rand in Caemlyn long before she ever decided to return.  That lack of contact at that time was not Rand's fault.  He was trying to make contact with her so that she could take the throne, but she was being kept away from him.  Not entirely her own fault, but she made no effort to return either.  And I think you missed my point.  She claims she loves him so much, but she automatically jumps to the worst possible conclusion?  She thinks real highly of him and trusts him so much.

Had Elayne not had her mind already set about Rand's intentions, she could have asked that Lady who helped her so much (her name begins with a D, Daelin? Deelin?). She had talked to Rand knew he didn't want to rule Andor.

I prefer Min, she's the most realistic of the three, and to those who say she is needy, I see a woman who is in love, a woman who is worried sick about the sanity of her lover. That's why she acts like that. What's more, Aviendha's and Elayne's artificial sisterhood seems to marginalize her to a subtle extent, IMHO, and I hate that. Just as well Min seems unconcerned about that. She keeps Rand sane and human; I doubt Aviendha, much less Elayne, could accomplish that.

Aviendha was cool until she started hanging out with Elayne. Perhaps she'll redeem herself. Don't get me started on Elayne. Everything cwestervelt said and more.

Well, the last time Rand saw her prior to that, she gave him too letters, one of which basically told him she never wanted to see him again.  She developed her oppinion of what was going on with Rand in Caemlyn long before she ever decided to return.  That lack of contact at that time was not Rand's fault.  He was trying to make contact with her so that she could take the throne, but she was being kept away from him.  Not entirely her own fault, but she made no effort to return either.  And I think you missed my point.  She claims she loves him so much, but she automatically jumps to the worst possible conclusion?  She thinks real highly of him and trusts him so much.

Ok, I see your point.  But her lack of trust comes from Rand trying to keep her away.  And he wasn't trying to find her himself, he sent Mat and others to do it for him so he could stay away.  So I still think it is partially Rand's fault.  On the other hand, she could have been more persistent like Min, who refuses to leave.  Even Aviendha wouldn't leave, and only left because she had to talk to Elayne about Rand.

I voted Min, but she barely came out over Elayne.  I love how Min is so protective of Rand, always quick to check her daggers.  It's rather funny.

Elayne.... I don't know why I like her, I just do.  She is so much cooler than Aviendha.  Aviendha would be annoying as a lover.  She doesn't really have any contact whatsoever with Rand after that she runs away to the ice place and they do their thing.  Elayne at least thinks about him.

Aviendha constantly thinks about him!  In WH during the sister ceremony she tells Elayne that her heart was dust for wanting Rand to love her, but she didn't think he ever would.  She wants to be with him but she refuses to allow herself to do so because she has to ask Elayne's permission first.  I like Aviendha.

And lets not forget the golden veins that all three of them saw from Rand to each one of them when Elayne and Aviendha bonded the four of them together. I believe that Rand loves all three of them equally, even though it is true that he probably fell in love with Elayne, first. Also, that bonding ceremony showed that the three women all love Rand equally too, in my opinion.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Elayne could have drank that tea before she slipped into the sheets with Rand. That is like your girlfriend not taking birth control; not telling you she did it, and getting pregnant on purpose. 

If it were me, I'd be pissed

So Elayne gets docked down a bit I think

Archived