DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Halo 3 Online Co-op

Emperor

Update: Bungie has supplied us with details on their site. The online co-op mode  is set up in a lobby, similar to the matchmaking system found in Halo 2 and Halo 3 beta. You can join others in their game, or simply start your own session. To stay true to the game, Bungie decided to implement unique character models in online co-op: Player one will be Master Chief, player two as the Arbiter and the other two will play as two new Elite characters.

Plus, as it was first featured in the Halo 3 Beta, you can record all the glory in online co-op (screenshots or video)  via the Saved Films feature to relive all the touching moments. Bungie also recommends we serve the Covenant right by whooping them in Legendary mode. Don't worry, we definitely will.

Bungie loves us...

Trashing all previous rumors, reports are coming in that Bungie has confirmed an online co-op mode for the Chief’s return in Halo 3 this September during a Microsoft press conference in Amsterdam today. Two to four players can team up over Xbox Live to finish the fight.

Yes that’s right; you and three other buddies can kick some Covenant ass online. Just imagine: You mopping down enemies with a ghost, while two of your teammates plow through the terrain on a warthog as the other teammate provides cover fire with a sniper rifle. Are you excited yet? Tears of joy are already sparkling down our cheeks…

As for the details about Bungie’s exciting announcement, expect an update soon from the developers themselves on their website. September 25 seems so far away…

I've been reading some Halo books, easy read but well written.

The Fall of Reach (prequel to the Halo) and First Strike (prequel to Halo2) were pretty good.  It really has me geared up to playing Halo and Halo 2 again.  I am so looking forward to playing Halo 3.

Also if you didn't know, WizKids will be releasing a Halo Heroclix line in September.  Whee more money for me to spend.

I have never heard a complaint from the foreigners that I play with.  I imagine it depends on the game and your connection.  Some game servers are laggy no matter where you are playing from.  I will say the 360 is pretty good about upgrading or putting in patches... much better than the playstation.  Of course you are paying for the online service so you can expect that. 

• Community Administrator
much better than the playstation.  Of course you are paying for the online service so you can expect that.

Thats all a matter of interperation. :P

(ps3's) Resistance, has quite a few free servers, really good ones to, and all the games are hosted through that. (login going through the psn) Other games like Darkness, have the servers being 'user' side, so those servers all suck. But hey, its free. :P

Anyways, 360 servers, if your getting something like 0-100 latency state side, You can pretty much figure, find somone who has the same connection rate, ask there latency and double it. As long your not above 200 you should be fine. :P

Latency = ping, its how long it takes for data to transfer to point A to Point B and back to Point A.

100 latency = 100ms.

Or 1/10th of a milisecond.

The further you are away from some place, the longer it takes to travel to and fro..

Thusly, if you live in Europe, if someone has a 3meg cable connection, and you have the same. They get an average of 30ms latency on Halo, you should get about 60ms.

200ms = bad, very bad.

100ms = playable.

There are several places online, you can test your internet connection/speed, as well as pick a server in america, to help determine what your latency will be. You shouldn't have ANY problems with latency, if the Halo Server is A good high speed server, as hell, I get 20ms in a server in Siberia... SIBERIA! :P

I think I have about 6000/500 kbps and it'll probably be faster at uni, so if anything under 100 ms is playable I should be good. I remember in my counter-strike playing days though, I didn't want to go over 20-30 ms.

I just checked and the Xbox 360 Premium with Gears of War costs $570 over here, which is half of the PS3, but I'll have to think about it. I'm not exactly wealthy at the moment having just gotten a loan for $14000. :D

I think I have about 6000/500 kbps and it'll probably be faster at uni, so if anything under 100 ms is playable I should be good. I remember in my counter-strike playing days though, I didn't want to go over 20-30 ms.

I just checked and the Xbox 360 Premium with Gears of War costs $570 over here, which is half of the PS3, but I'll have to think about it. I'm not exactly wealthy at the moment having just gotten a loan for $14000. :D

The ps3 costs you $1140? ouch man, your getting screwed! I figured it would at least cost you $699 (seeing how they dropped the price $100 in the us, + 100 for being over there, but slightly cheaper if yoru using the euro? or at least, a slightly smaller number...) :P

As for pings ms, anything under 100ms is playable, going over, you have to start relying alot more on luck, rather then skill, ie, you have to accurately 'predict' someones moves in a fps, if you don't then your pretty much waste ammo. 200ms is playable, but only if you used to play counter-strike on a 56k modem. :P

Sony didn't drop the price in Europe. Instead you get two controllers, MotorStorm, Resistance: Fall of Man and Spiderman 3 (such a terrible game) with the console.

That costs roughly $1030, but we got taxes through the roof so it's probably a lot cheaper outside of Scandinavia.

Get Call of Duty 3 if you get the Xbox. Awesome game.

You should also try for a sports/racing type game. Having all shooters gets boring after a while. Everyone needs a break.

Just my 2 coppers.

Which reminds me, if its a penny for your thoughts, and you put your 2 cents in. Where does the other penny go?

Archived