DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The General Knowledge Quiz

Corki

As promised, I am getting my ideas for the fresh start for the Band started. The first set of ideas I am introducing are a set of quizzes. The topic for this quiz is:

GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

The Rules

- The main rule of this thread is NO SPAMMING. Only post threads connected with the question ask or any previous question. Any spam will be deleted.

- This is a place for us to talk about interesting facts concerning General Knowledge, and to see how clever we are.

- The person who posts the first correct answer will post the next question ONCE it is confirmed correct by the original asker.

I will start the thread off.

What nickname is commonly given to London (UK)?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Answer:

In the 1890s, Pavlov was investigating the gastric function of dogs by externalizing a salivary gland so he could collect, measure, and analyze the saliva produced in response to food under different conditions. He noticed that the dogs tended to salivate before food was actually delivered to their mouths, and set out to investigate this "psychic secretion", as he called it.

*drinks brew*

Well, I never! That is something new I have learnt for today!

Spacey, did bad company get anywhere near that? If so, it is his turn. If not, it is back to you!

Archived