DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Is anyone else going to be upset if they drop mat's starting session with Galad snd Gawyn?

Dagon Thyne

I honestly hope Siuan gets eliminated during the tower coup. She was supposed to be more episodes in S2 but Sophie Okonedo was only available for filming for a short period of time.

Same deal with Thom and Season 1.  Conflicting schedules are really hamstringing the plot

On 9/14/2023 at 3:57 AM, Scarloc99 said:

One of the great generals that leads the last battle, with a storyline that ends in tragedy, a storyline that leads directly to Matt being given the role he is at the last battle, the whole compulsion plot is key to the dark almost winning and to have that pack an emotional punch the audience needs it to happen to characters they care about. We have Siuan so we will have Gareth because there arcs are so interlinked, and that kind of tragic story is one that TV writers love to write. 

So was Algamar.  

On 9/23/2023 at 11:29 AM, BookMattBetterThanShow said:

Once the tower coup happen Siuan looks change they can get a new younger actress to take her place.

Her looks aren't going to change in the show.  They dropped the agelessness so they could use the same actors throughout the series, and their Chang in looks was an effect of the agelessness.  

On 9/17/2023 at 4:13 AM, Scarloc99 said:

I doubt Mat is going back to the tower again, I don't think he will access the dagger again either, think he is healed from that already, or any healing will happen away from the WT. Season 3 is book 4 so we need to get Rand and Mat to the 3 fold land asap so he can go through the doorway. With only 6 more seasons they can't be wasting time with the constant back and forth to the white tower that you get in the books, I am not 100% sure the girls will go back to the white tower now at all, although they might just so they can become accepted. 

I think we are getting the sparring scene somewhere that is not the white tower at all. 

I think that he might have to go back to the tower.  They will have to take the dagger back.  I think that he'll have some sort of immunity to its effects since he was already healed from it, And he will be the only one that can safely carry it.  As far as i'm aware it's effects can't be stopped just by locking it away.  So he'll likely carry it back to the tower and be rehealed just to be safe, and the brothers will likely come to the tower to visit Elayne and train with the warders in season 3

44 minutes ago, Dagon Thyne said:

Her looks aren't going to change in the show.  They dropped the agelessness so they could use the same actors throughout the series, and their Chang in looks was an effect of the agelessness.  

In the books stilling was not agelessness, after stilling Siuan looked younger and different. In fact most did not realize it was her. They could switch actors in this case. I had heard that the actor playing Siuan did not want to be committed to show for the long haul. 

2 hours ago, BookMattBetterThanShow said:

I had heard that the actor playing Siuan did not want to be committed to show for the long haul. 

Sophie Okanedo was most likely given a Series Regular contract that allows her the flexibility to work on other projects. It was more than likely a 3-season contract (which is the industry minimum standard), and will likely be renegotiated if the show goes more than 3 seasons.

Rosamund Pike and all of the other Series Regulars are likely on 3-season contracts as well.

Edited by DigificWriter

4 hours ago, Dagon Thyne said:

I think that he might have to go back to the tower.  They will have to take the dagger back.  I think that he'll have some sort of immunity to its effects since he was already healed from it, And he will be the only one that can safely carry it.  As far as i'm aware it's effects can't be stopped just by locking it away.  So he'll likely carry it back to the tower and be rehealed just to be safe, and the brothers will likely come to the tower to visit Elayne and train with the warders in season 3

Why do they need to take the dagger back? In the books Fain gets it before going to Emonds field, he could just get it back at Falme, 

4 hours ago, Dagon Thyne said:

didn't someone say it happens in caemlyn in s3? 

I think we will get Gawyn but maybe not Galad, so Mat putting 1 or 2 swordsmen in their place can happen at any time, with anyone. 

If in season 2 there is a chance that Gawyn (and if cast Galad) could be in Cairhein for the wedding as representatives for their mother. 

It could be Warders, or maybe Barthanes, or maybe happen in Falme, and we just get Mat taking out Seanchan with a quarter staff.  

4 hours ago, Windigo said:

I think we will get Gawyn but maybe not Galad, so Mat putting 1 or 2 swordsmen in their place can happen at any time, with anyone. 

If in season 2 there is a chance that Gawyn (and if cast Galad) could be in Cairhein for the wedding as representatives for their mother. 

It could be Warders, or maybe Barthanes, or maybe happen in Falme, and we just get Mat taking out Seanchan with a quarter staff.  

Galad has already been mentioned in show twice i think, so we are def getting him now , a key rule of storytelling, if you introduce or name a character in passing you must make them a part of the story in some

way, Galad won’t be just name dropped

1 minute ago, Scarloc99 said:

Galad has already been mentioned in show twice i think, so we are def getting him now , a key rule of storytelling, if you introduce or name a character in passing you must make them a part of the story in some

i think has been cast

56 minutes ago, Scarloc99 said:

Thanks, I missed that!