DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why I think Rand will survive

Guest Stefania Sedai

I'm not sure about the body-swap theory, (still thinking on it), but I think that Rand has to survive TG. It wouldn't be consistent with how everyone thinks they have the Prophecies figured out just to see them fulfilled in an unexpected way to be otherwise. Everyone in RL seems to think that "his blood spilling out" has to mean all of his blood. A few drops would suffice to satisfy the Prophecies, and we know that Rand is frequently bleeding after any exertion.

I'll refrain from the conversation on procreation, whilst I resume lurking about. :)

You know how sometimes people talk about their children being "their blood". And how Elaida had the foretelling long, long ago that the ruling line of Andor was a key to the LB.

Here's how I see it. Rand is a descendant of the ruling line of Andor and Elayne (who is daughter heir, and probably eventually queen) is also the ruling line of Andor. So we see how that foretelling is used.

Now, we all know Elayne is pregnant with twins of Rand's.

His blood on the rocks could mean this: Elayne goes to battle with him, of course, and is on the verge of popping. She stands up and channels for a long time, along side Rand, and it puts her into labor. She gives birth on the rocks. Rand then pushes himself even harder not only to protect his precious Elayne, who is very weak, but his 2 children as well.

So the Ruling line of Andor plays several roles. 1) fighting in the last battle (Rand/Elayne). 2) Motivating the Dragon Reborn to push that final bit to protect everything he loves and achieve victory.

It also fulfills the blood prophecy.

Would you take your pregnant wife into battle?

Besides' date=' in the near future, Elayne won't even be able to channel as she is pregnant.[/quote']

It's already happened once. That's the only reason Rand was actually born on the slopes of Dragon Mount. So wouldn't it be fitting for him to be born on Dragon Mount and the first of his blood to be born on the rocks near the DOs prison?

Guest Stefania Sedai

Wow, Megon, graphic idea you got there. I like the idea that Rand and Elayne are together because as of the end of KoD no one has told him that he is going to be a father (which bugs me to no end). I even like that his kids would be born on Dragon Mount just like he was. However, I think it is kind of weak for the blood to not come directly from Rand. Now, it doesn't have to be ALL of his blood, but I think that a lot of readers would be very disappointed if he gets off woundless.

Rand will die in TG. LLT will finally leave his head as the DO is defeated. Nyneave will bring Rand back to life to live happily ever after. All prophecies fulfilled and Nyneave beating death is a possibility as they said gentling couldn't be healed before she did it.

Archived