DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why I think Rand will survive

Guest Stefania Sedai

Guest Stefania Sedai

OK, so I tossed this theory out in another "Will Rand Survive" thread but I didn't get any feedback so I thought that I would create my own thread and see what happens. The reason that I think Rand has to survive the Last Battle is the conversation between Min and Aviendha from Winter's Heart(pg. 334 softcover). They have just left Elayne and Rand alone for their little conjugal visit that results in the twins:

Min wondered whether to tell her what she had seen while they were together. Aviendha would have Rand's babies, too. Four of them at once! Something was odd about that, though. The babies would be healthy, but still something odd.....

Well, we all know that what Min sees happens. As of the end of Knife of Dreams, Rand and Aviendha haven't been together again for so much as a conversation, let alone any baby-making. And I don't think RJ is in to immaculate conception. So unless they get very busy right away in aMoL, Rand has to stick around for a while.

The fact that Min says that something is odd about the babies (as if having 4 at once isn't odd enough) could leave an opening for you body-swap theorists. Anyways, this is just my two cents. Let me know what you think.

Guest Stefania Sedai

It says that he has to die to live (or something like that). So there's always the body swap theory. Or maybe someone manages to heal "what cannot be healed". The possibilities ar endless. I just wonder whether or not he will have the time and energy for the necessary fornication before TG or if it will have to come later.

What do think the "odd" thing is from the quote?

Guest Stefania Sedai

So then you agree with me that he will survive in some form or fashion. You just think that he do the deed before the Battle, right?

The issue is that it has been stated that he must and will die. Besides' date=' babymaking doesn't take all that long, especially for an uncircumcized lad with little experience in that area.[/quote']

You serious? That boy gets more tail than a trapper!

Min is very... energetic.

Rand is the classic shamedosexual. Look at the way he dealt with Aviendha. He may do it, because hey, who can resist, but to have true skill you have to be uninhibited.

Besides, my point was about his lasting power. He's 20.

So then you agree with me that he will survive in some form or fashion. You just think that he do the deed before the Battle, right?

I'm the guy that first suggested the body-swap, and the most fanatic fan of it. So yes, its safe to say that i agree completely with you.

I mean, irrespective of position the prophecies are relatively clear that some aspect of Rand will survive his death, and not just in a reincarnation kind of way.

Guest Stefania Sedai

I'm not a huge fan of the body swap idea. I like to think that the dying and living again is Lews Therin dying (or finally getting to rest and getting out of Rand's head).

The body-swap. I think the oddness is that it is Moridin's genetic material that makes the wee tykes.

Actually, it would be the person that the DO took to give Ishamel his Mordin Body that Rand will have..........I'm getting SO Confused!!!!

Otherwise, I think you have a good shot at being right on the "Body Swap" thing.

But I HOPE you are wrong. I hope it is just LT finally dying - getting pushed out, instead of Rand loosing his body. But, if that is the case, I definitely would want Nyavene+?+ to heal up his totally messed up body/mind.

The problem with that is that Lews Therin and Rand are different facet personalities of the same soul, they arn't different people. Even Graendal thought that reintergration was the only option, and with real voices thats imensely hard to do.

The problem with that is that Lews Therin and Rand are different facet personalities of the same soul' date=' they arn't different people. Even Graendal thought that reintergration was the only option, and with real voices thats imensely hard to do.[/quote']

Hard for Graendal to do, but Nynaven has already done the impossible, so it will be easy for her once she has Graendal on a a'dam thing.

Mm.. what Nynaeve did was completely accidental, and involved something far less intricate than the human mind. Anyway, I don't think the reintegration of personalities is meant to have anything to do with the Power. Graendal was pretty much the world's foremost psychologist in her day.

Guest Stefania Sedai

OK, PAM, I don't exactly know a time line, but it has definitely been a long time since Rand and Aviendha have been together. I'm pretty sure it was in tFoH, but I could be wrong. At any rate, if she were pregnant at the end of KoD I think she would have to have been far enough along to realize it. Believe me, I've had 2 kids. It's noticeable.

My point is just that Rand has soooo much going on what with the looming last battle and loosing his hand and all, that I think it would be difficult (almost used the word hard, then thought better of it in this thread and changed) for him to inpregnate Aviendha right now. I think that it will have to happen after TG, and for that, he has to still be alive.

Guest Stefania Sedai
but really, impregnating a girl doesnt always take that great an effort.

How sad for the girl....

The odness issue.

Two strong channellers, old blood, old things coming back or new things emurging.

I always placed Min's viewing on Aviendha's children in that frame. A bit like RJ trying to keep tWoT alive even after it ends, you know after Rand DIES.

On Rand and Aviendha meeting. Isn't it mentionned in one of the wonder girl's POV's in KoD that they can sense Rand travelling to the west (Arad Domon, etc)

I don't think however that Aviendha's pregnant yet. But perhaps aMoL will start with a piece on Rand wich lies chronologicaly before the last KoD scene? Just a thought.

As for the

My point is just that Rand has soooo much going on

I consider this an extra reason for the wonder girls to comfort Rand, some extra lovin' since he had a tough week at work... :)

Aviendha may be pregnant already. We know that Aviendha went with the Wise Ones to Arad Doman, and in chapter 31, The House on Full Moon Street, in KoD, we learn that Rand has been there too. It`s in Elayne`s POV, thinking to herself

And why was he Travelling so often? One day, he was far to the southeast, the next to the northwest and even more distant, the day after that somewhere else.

It seems Rand spent a day and a night in Arad Doman, enough time to make Aviendha pregnant.

Archived