DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Possible Moiraine Storyline Changes?

Jasnah

13 hours ago, TheTuna450 said:

While I understand why people think that the show will handle Moiraine's departure in a materially different fashion by keeping her around, I fully expect it to be largely the same trajectory as the books, in that she will 'die' saving Rand in either S3 or S4, then return for the final season, which would very optimistically be S8. While Moiraine is the main character right now, that must necessarily shift to the EF5, as they have far more room for growth and development as characters than Moiraine does, and all the "big picture" narratives revolve around them. What's more, keeping Moiraine around would seriously crimp the character arcs of Rand, Nynaeve, and Lan in particular.

With that in mind, I think she makes her dramatic exit and dramatic return in roughly the same fashion as the books. I quite like what they've done to tie Moiraine and Siuan together much more closely, as it will make what happens to Siuan even more upsetting than it is in the books, and will make Moiraine's return that much sweeter as well. Can you imagine Siuan going along with the rescue squad? My goodness, but that would be some must-watch TV.

I can see Moiraine dying at the Eye of the World but suddenly in the second season she is there watching over and teaching Rand and it looks like she survives. She does her speeches, and teaches, admonishes and annoys Rand like she did in the books, channels to kill B'lal and such. While other people just "ignoring" her and answer Rand, and Lan leaving or behaving strangely is explained by her to Rand as "going on the mission" or "conflicted about his dual loyalty to her and Nynaeve". And then at end of season 2 (or 3) we realize its Rand hallucinating her words and the things that she "did" channeling and such were done by Rand himself. 

That was done before in other shows, I remember anime about earthquake where sister spends all of episodes between first and final episodes going home with her brother,only to realize in finale that he was killed in the 1st episode.

Edited by Masha

2 hours ago, Wassup said:

FYI, here is his quote:

"Now we're going into the end game.  The stakes are real here, and not all of our characters are gonna make it."

Read into that what you will.

I also think it is a little early for any Cadsuane involvement.  She didn't show up until the middle of the series, right?

Correct. It's also too early for Verin, but she might be a better fit. It could also be a random sister who's sole purpose is to die. Or they could kill Amalisa or Agelmar. there's lots of our characters they can kill who aren't the main cast.

• 1 month later...

Dear All,

I'm Fio, just new to the WoT world. started and finished the books in the lapse of 2 months and proceeded to consume everything WoT related Books/Show- that brought me here. BTW Enjoyed beyond words all the exchange!

I Just wanted to add that the comment about a Death at the end of season 3, was made by Jafe in an interview with the cast displayed in NY comic con. ( https://youtu.be/EEK2vUX7IIw in case the link doesn't work you can find it in the prime video youtube page) and around min 33:00 they talk about people on set who haven't read the books and don't want to be spoiled, hence his response.

Best to all!