DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How many times have you watched?

I have kind of fallen into my old pattern of re-reading from when the books were not completed with the show.   I schedule time to rewatch the preceding episodes so that I end the last episode just before the next one drops. ?  

Periodically, if something from an episode comes up in conversation and I want to look at something specific I might open it open in a browser and jump to the scene.

25 minutes ago, TheDreadReader said:

I have kind of fallen into my old pattern of re-reading from when the books were not completed with the show.   I schedule time to rewatch the preceding episodes so that I end the last episode just before the next one drops. ?  

Periodically, if something from an episode comes up in conversation and I want to look at something specific I might open it open in a browser and jump to the scene.

I did this with the rumored "whistling" in SL. Missed it on my first viewing.

First viewing is Thursday evening after work. I pick up food on the way home and stream the show while chowing. I usually end up saying "Well, that's an interesting adaptation. I didn't see that coming."

That evening, I call some friends, my sister and nephew, and discuss a bit, then I indulge in the many blogs and vlogs...

On Friday/Saturday, I watch the ep a second time and I end up agitated and flummoxed, muttering cynically to myself throughout the rest of the day. 

Ok, perhaps I should adopt a better approach? Not watch a second time?

17 minutes ago, ManetherenTaveren said:

First viewing is Thursday evening after work. I pick up food on the way home and stream the show while chowing. I usually end up saying "Well, that's an interesting adaptation. I didn't see that coming."

That evening, I call some friends, my sister and nephew, and discuss a bit, then I indulge in the many blogs and vlogs...

On Friday/Saturday, I watch the ep a second time and I end up agitated and flummoxed, muttering cynically to myself throughout the rest of the day. 

Ok, perhaps I should adopt a better approach? Not watch a second time?

Lol. My process is similar but nearly opposite. 

First view is Thursday after work. I spend the evening feeling unsettled about changes and ways that the adaptation isn't going the way I thought it would.

Then on Friday or Saturday I watch it again and am able to appreciate the things I missed the first time.

26 minutes ago, Elder_Haman said:

Lol. My process is similar but nearly opposite. 

Give me some of your vitamins, please. ? I get progressively more cynical as the week between episodes extends. (Can you tell?) Too much anonymous 3rd-party input? Perhaps...but then Thursday comes again and my (false) hopes inspire me to rinse and repeat. I did the same thing with GoT for the past decade too.

Oddly, during book re-reads, the cynicism doesn't creep in, and the curse of "modern sensibilities" doesn't bother me too much.

I've always been watching once as soon as I have availability to do so (on vacation now so that's easy), and then sometimes re-watching with friends or family when they have time or interest because I think it's fun to see their reactions (good and bad). Episode 6 is the first episode that's been excellent enough for me to want to re-watch again even if no one wants to watch with me.