DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How many times have you watched?

I’ve watched Episode 1 three times so far… introducing new people to it and whatnot… and I keep catching new things I’ve missed in previous watchings.  For instance, the dragon fang with the sheep, missed that the first time around. Was that the Trollocs (most likely, but I don’t remember Trollocs being THAT intelligent) or someone doing that to scare someone off?  

And Perrin’s wife, Laila.  I’m questioning if she may or may not be a dark friend like people have suggested.   I watched the 2nd time specifically looking for clues….  When Perrin says “I love you” she responds “I know”.  Not a typical response of a married couple.  (Unless you’re in the cloud city of Bespin about to be frozen in carbonite).  But the way she attacked the Trollocs, makes me question it.  BUT… she then looks like she’s about to smash Perrin’s skull in with the hammer.    It’s all very confusing, but I like it better thinking she is a dark friend.  Thoughts?

Still feel the episode was rushed and could have used more character development, but they’re getting there in the later episodes.   Watching episode 2 for the second time now.  

I’m still excited about this series.  I know it’s going to be different than the books, but damn, I e been wanting this for so long!!  

2 hours ago, KnightWhoSaysNi said:

And Perrin’s wife, Laila.  I’m questioning if she may or may not be a dark friend like people have suggested.   I watched the 2nd time specifically looking for clues….  When Perrin says “I love you” she responds “I know”.  Not a typical response of a married couple.  (Unless you’re in the cloud city of Bespin about to be frozen in carbonite).  But the way she attacked the Trollocs, makes me question it.  BUT… she then looks like she’s about to smash Perrin’s skull in with the hammer.    It’s all very confusing, but I like it better thinking she is a dark friend.  Thoughts?

Helena Westerman(Laila) and Sarah Nakamura(the show's booknerd) have confirmed Laila is not a darkfriend

Episode 1-3: 7+ times

Episode 4: 4-5 times

Episode 5: 3-4 times

I have watched Episodes 1 - 3 x4

I've watched Episodes 4 - 5 x3

I have watched Episode 6 twice.

My favorite action scene is The Battle of Winters night. 

My favorite single moment is when Rand al'Thor saw Dragonmount and said,  "I remember seeing that before."  

Edited by GanoesParan
update for episode 6

11 hours ago, KnightWhoSaysNi said:

I’ve watched Episode 1 three times so far… introducing new people to it and whatnot… and I keep catching new things I’ve missed in previous watchings.  For instance, the dragon fang with the sheep, missed that the first time around. Was that the Trollocs (most likely, but I don’t remember Trollocs being THAT intelligent) or someone doing that to scare someone off?  

Maybe it's a forsaken disinfo campaign to get common people to hate the Dragon/Dragon Reborn ?

I've watched them all 3 times so far I think, except for Episode 5 which I've watched twice.

Edited by mogi68

People have seen so many things I've missed that I'll have to re-watch.  I don't know when I'll find the time.  I'll need to use subtitles as well because I've missed a ton of what's been said.  Mat is almost impossible for me to understand.

10 hours ago, DaddyFinn said:

Helena Westerman(Laila) and Sarah Nakamura(the show's booknerd) have confirmed Laila is not a darkfriend

I'm not going to take anyone's word for who or who is not a darkfriend. Darkfriends are wily and will deny their darkfriendery.

2 times each, so far. 
The first time is as a book fan so I can get any excitement and disappointment out of the way.

The second time I am a little more relaxed and can enjoy it as the show and maybe pick up Easter eggs. 
I will view each at least one more time when I get my daughter (and maybe wife, doubtful though) to watch it. My wife and I have to finish Ozark first, though. 

Once each epi. Trying to talk myself into re-watching but my heart is really not into it. Too many moments  that are plain cringey and awkward. Ep 5 especially even though it gave us the best Nynaeve scenes so far, with her not jumping trollocks with a sword but just being wise and empathic. Maybe later, when the season is done I will try to rewatch with a remote and a bottle of red.

Pretty sure I've watched them all 3X at this point (except Ep5 - that's only 2X).

Have to say, like some others have noted, I find the second watch a much better "viewing" of the episode. I'm able to chill and not be such a spazz.

I can also reflect on the merits of the episode a bit more. First viewing is WoT fan perspective and second viewing is film/tv critique.