DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wheel of Time renewed for 3rd season (rumor)

Deadsy

Rafe mentioned something about how the books feature Prologues and Epilgoues, and wanting to weave a similar component into the show, so I think that we will get little vignettes here and there. Perhaps we'll get one with young Suian, one with the Blood Snow, etc

Edited by mogi68

If true, I'm going to go ahead and take this as a good sign that Amazon are getting a very positive response from test audiences. And probably good analytics data, too, in terms of the hype that's building.

Could be other reasons, though. Maybe they're just all in, hell for leather, on building a huge fantasy audience on their streaming service. And maybe covid played a role, too.

But I'm trying to remember... I don't think I've ever heard of a big show like this getting a third season renewal before season one even aired a single episode. I'm pretty sure I've seen it happen with second seasons, but never for season 3.

Edited by NinjaPowers975

I've been obsessing lately and this is as good a topic to put it in as any. I've been trying to compare google trends with other Amazon shows (and fantasy shows).

E.g. here is Jack Ryan (which cost $8 million per episode in season 1). You can't see the dates here but max interest was the week after season 1 episode 1 aired so that gets a value of 100. The week before it premiered it is at 12. Right now WoT is at 14. Additionally, Jack Ryan was more popular in general leading up to the TV show because it had recently had a movie. So even though in general more people were searching for Jack Ryan before that series than search for WoT, WoT has more hype just before the TV show air date.

Amazon Prime Video announced the renewal of ‘Jack Ryan’ for a third season on February 13, 2019. In fact, on October 14, 2021, the show was also given the go-ahead for a fourth season. 

Jack Ryan was renewed for season 3 9 months before season 2 came out, and it has been renewed for season 4 3 months before season 3 comes out.

image.thumb.png.2c6c4e59cf9393fa2537467a546a09c4.png

Edited by Deadsy

i won't believe a rumor until confirmation, but it does make sense. during the covid stop they had the time to plan ahead a lot; now, if they are confident the show would be successful, it would be cheaper and more convenient to film the next seasons back to back, instead of sending the crew home and calling them back in a few more months.

so, unconfirmed, but believable.