DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What will we see in season 1? Our predictions and analyses

Rose

In terms of what we will see of Tear, I think it might be linked to something I haven't seen too much discussion of: Tel'aran'rhiod. 

We know that Ba'alzamon influencing the boys dreams' is a major part of EotW, so I think as the "mystery" surrounding the Dragon grows throughout season 1, and (hopefully) some mentions of prophecies, we will start to see parts of the prophecies in their dreams. 

The interesting part for me will be whether Egwene and Perrin become fully aware in their dreams due to their (ahem) other skills, compared to how Rand and Mat experience the same situations, at least early on. Seeing as BZ doesn't know which one of them is the Dragon either, it could be an interesting way to show how big the world is. 

Edited by notpropaganda73

On 11/8/2021 at 4:28 PM, NinjaPowers975 said:

It's pure speculation but there are a few things that made me think it.

Since Mat was recast there's been a lot of talk in the fandom about how Barney kind of went dark on social media during the late part of the season, and there are apparently no behind the scene shots of him with the rest of the cast during the filming of those episodes. Also, since the main trailer released, we've seen plenty of footage of Rand, Perrin, and Egwene in what appears to be Fal Dara, but no Mat.

However, we do have footage of Mat just outside the Waygate.

In some of the Fal Dara footage, Rand seems really emotional, talking about how he's lost too many people, crying during target practice with his bow... The emotion seems really raw, like something terrible just happened, and he's all torn up about it. Losing Mat in The Ways would fit the bill. 

I've been thinking for a while that the Waygates have been combined with Portal Stones, just because of the way they look, and because it will be less confusing for the audience in season two if there's already an all-purpose established form of portal travel. If so, then maybe you could go to other realities with a Waygate.  

So maybe Mat, sick from the Dagger, gets separated from everybody inside the Ways, chased by Machin Shin. Maybe he ends up in the World of the Aelfin somehow, dying from the Dagger sickness, gets a new body by making a deal... Something like that. 

I don't know. Just seems like if you want/need to write an actor out of a story for some reason (and I'm not even gonna speculate on what caused Barney to leave, could be a perfectly valid reason) The Ways would be a pretty good place to lose somebody, and leave everyone with a cliffhanger about what happened.

Probably in the next day or two we'll get footage of Mat in Fal Dara, and I'll be proven totally wrong lol.

Oh, I really love this theory and the possibilities for handling the recasting of Mat quite well. Merging the portal stones and the Ways is definitely interesting, there would be ripples in terms of the Ogier but it's something that makes sense for simplifying the world of WoT for TV audiences for sure. Great theory! 

5 minutes ago, notpropaganda73 said:

In terms of what we will see of Tear, I think it might be linked to something I haven't seen too much discussion of: Tel'aran'rhiod. 

We know Ba'alzamon that influencing the boys dreams' is a major part of EotW, so I think as the "mystery" surrounding the Dragon grows throughout season 1, and (hopefully) some mentions of prophecies, we will start to see parts of the prophecies in their dreams. 

The interesting part for me will be whether Egwene and Perrin become fully aware in their dreams due to their (ahem) other skills, compared to how Rand and Mat experience the same situations, at least early on. Seeing as BZ doesn't know which one of them is the Dragon either, it could be an interesting way to show how big the world is. 

I like this theory.