DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

It is not the beginning...

Skelos

...but is a beginning! Even if it's only my beginning here on Dragonmount. 

For many years I have been afraid to start my adventure with The Wheel of time, 14 books is huge mountain!

Well, one year ago I have finally decided and I have begun my first book. Last week I have finished "A crown of swords" so I think I'm doing well by now.

This week I have also discovered this place and... let's try a new beginning!

p.s. English is not my mother tongue, so forgive me when I make mistakes ?

6 hours ago, Skelos said:

...but is a beginning! Even if it's only my beginning here on Dragonmount. 

For many years I have been afraid to start my adventure with The Wheel of time, 14 books is huge mountain!

Well, one year ago I have finally decided and I have begun my first book. Last week I have finished "A crown of swords" so I think I'm doing well by now.

This week I have also discovered this place and... let's try a new beginning!

p.s. English is not my mother tongue, so forgive me when I make mistakes ?

Hello! My name is Asha’man Shar’aman, but since that’s a bit long, you can call me Aman if you want. 

I would think aCoS in a year would be really good!

Dragonmount is a really great place. There are a couple of clubs if you are interested, and they remain mostly spoiler free. The rest of DM, not so much. 

No worries about it! I am of the opinion that people shouldn't be expected to learn to speak English just because their language is different, so you are doing great! Your English is really good in your post. If I might ask, did you get WoT in your mother language, or English? Or another language entirely?

Edited by Asha'man Shar'aman

Hi Aman and thank you for your welcome!

Just to reply to your question I'm reading WoT in English.

I could find those books in my mother language too (I'm Italian) but after reading Abercrombie's The first law i think is much better when you can read a book in the original language it has been written. Translations, always loose something, in my opinion.

Benvenuto, Skelos! Come stai?

I'm from Cape Town in South Africa, and English isn't my first language either. Your English is very good!

If I may ask, do you have any favourite characters or groups of people in the books?

4 hours ago, Skelos said:

Hi Aman and thank you for your welcome!

Just to reply to your question I'm reading WoT in English.

I could find those books in my mother language too (I'm Italian) but after reading Abercrombie's The first law i think is much better when you can read a book in the original language it has been written. Translations, always loose something, in my opinion.

I can agree with that. The only book I have read that wasn’t originally written in English was The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, and I am fairly certain some things were lost in the translation from French to English. 

Have you had a favorite part in WoT?

Ciao Elgee, io tutto bene grazie e tu?

About favourite chars and groups, I think I have been really influenced by the fact that my first book wasn't The eye of the world. My first has been New spring, so I have a special consideration for Moiraine Damodred.

I like the Aes Sedai world, with intrigues, schemes, betrayals, and I'm always interested in the political part of WoT.

About people and nations, I think the Aiel are my top choiche

4 hours ago, Elgee said:

Ciao! Va bene, grazie ?

I think most of us adore Moiraine. You should come on over to the White Tower And Warders Social Club - I think you'll like it there.

Of course, I have noticed about the club and I think I'm going to be very soon around there ?

Yes, i also had the same thought, before beginning. 14 books is a lot of commitment and I am one of those, who always wants to see the ending, whether I like it not, so me as an essay writer have started something, i feel a strong urge to finish it. And now that the series has been announced in Amazon Prime, I am getting even a stronger urge to rush through the books.

Edited by windranger900

33 minutes ago, Elgee said:

@windranger900 Take your time! The series will take quite a few years still to reach the latter books, and you don't want to miss anything because you're reading fast ?

Absolutely Windranger, I think you are going to have all the time to read these books at least 2 times before the TV series comes to the end of the story ?