DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

banner request

Liitha

ok so i would like a banner for the discipline i lead, i temporarily put up a pictue we use in our come ask us questions in public tread

so here is the banner so you can see how the text and all apear on it because thats something that is automatically done by the site, but it need to be taken into consideration for how detailed you make a banner as it will lay over the picture and blur out some of it

image.png.927a3c85f4a2fee7e25c510d48e6d567.png

the circle is the logo which also is auto placed by the site build up

so a litle bit of info on the cuen for inspiration:

Welcome to the Cuen'deren Lounge, unlike the other discs we dont have a specific subject we focus on, rather spending quality time togheter is our focus. In this we include having fun togheter, laughing, beeing there to suport eachother and come up with mischief at times. Ok well more then at times, we are somewhat known for our shennanigans, who we kidding, so if you dont like the risk of geting in trouble (well then look to one of the others) - that said we more often then not seem to get out of it keeping our heads ? 

We also have a good track record for helping out both here in the club and elsewhere on DM, busy bee's us. So ask us any question you got and we will try our best to help you out. To apply for this disc contact the leader of the disc and explain why you think it would be a good fit for you.

and also here is our old logo with a slogan we used 

188399529_twohands.png.0995ecd0e0dd2f564a275e8966d8a126.png

Here is my first try ^^

You have a warder, with funny but cozy socks, resting near a fire after a long day of helping out in the Tower. His swords are resting near the fireplace, ready to be used again ?

Don't hesitate to tell me how to improve it for you

bsEUCmr.png

Edited by Hayl3y

it works well as a seasonal one ?, def get the feeling of the season with christmas not too far of, cold and stuff infront of fireplace with a hot cup at end of day from it yes..

i do intend to have options to change 'clothings' throughout the year

for our standard one i want a more multithemed banner though which captures the essence of our personalities with the great friendship and teamwork, mischief, party and spam...aka while i am a sig maker myself i am to tired to solve how to do this and make it look clean and neat and all...because its one of those things i know just demand deepdiving into creation mode to get done for hours and hours ? so yes i am being lazy here with the request, but i figure maybe someone else is in the mood for doing just that (i have my periods i love it...just not right now)

the thing is i know i want something that captures the personality of our members and essence of our discipline, but my head is too tired atm to pin down how to do it...

hence why trying to just input info on what our disc is about and who our members are

the disc contained people like me, barmacral, vemynal, bcxanth, Dsage

you sort of know what your dealing with when in the first tread on our private forum,(ok outing a member here but i know he can take it ? ) you find a post that goes :

On 11/16/2007 at 4:19 AM, Barmacral said:

Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. Bcx makes a valid point. 

we like to have our fun, but we also have eachothers back just um maybe in our own odd way ? we did have a lot off activety in the public board, around the tower, in the private board amongst ourself but also in the messenger systems we had back there as we were just a bunch of friends basic gists hanging out, suporting eachother, having fun and geting into shenanigans 

Edited by Liitha

?

oh my ! I'm enjoying to work on this so much lol

I don't really have any idea of what's going on with the Warders and I never really remembered what disc stood for what (* shame on me* ) so this is very helpful.

From what I gathered the shenanigans / mischief part is very important, as well as the friendly / fun part.

But can the picture of a place be enough ? I guess that if that's the direction we take, we would need to be heavy on the details.

it doesnt need to be a place, just like a sig it can go any way... this is the banner for the disc

the temp one is what we use in lounge field trip one, hence the place reference in the pictures because we want to invite the aspies into an atmosphere

this banner would be more like a sig, though instead of it being a sig for a person its for a group of people aka the discipline

and sigs can go in any direction ? they can be with people like yours, or place based, or consept based like say our halloween pics which may just be dark background and have pumpkins on and text

so its just what best represent the essence of what your trying to communicate...and this one is capturing the essence of cuen, if its with figures, people, room based, objects...i am open for sugestions...cause i really cant think of how to solve this atm...i just want it to be recognisable for the members and stand out among the other club banners in like yes there is the disc boards...without having to read the titles

so much easier, blue theme and fantasy...so much more pics to chose from in same genre that dont need too much warping ?

like even a background with a type of clockworky spiny thing assembeling time, and faded fantasy character figures, and then the flame of tar valon in front and an Aes Sedai channeling maybe to lock in the blue ajah AS vibe

There are a lot of lovely pictures in that genre, but most of them aren't free of right ?

But you are totally right, there's way less to channel in the picture I'm looking for than on the one for the Cuen. I'll try to think a bit more about it ^^ It really is a toughie

OMGs thanks so much for these! They'll definitely be used (and I love how there's a balance between star wars and star trek ?)

Now I don't know whether or not this is supposed to be a secret but the title of our board is kinda tricky. It describes a very exotic but earthly kind of setting that includes water ? So the pic #1 could definitely be a good starting point.