DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wanna Make a Movie?

Barmacral

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Cadsuane

Oooh ooh ooh!! And we could get some bad*ss black guy to star in it... someone like... *thinks*... Sam Jackson!! It's genius, let's do it. 8)

Guest Emperor

Tam would make a good movie I think.

We have a few good ideas so far... but we are no closer to finding something we like.

Guest Barmacral

Alright everyone! The idea's seem to have dried up, and now its time for a decision on a movie to make. Choose from the list below (can be found in the first post as well) your favourite movie and vote for it. Do so by copying the movie you like into a new post and making it Bold.

-A mockumentary on one certain character. Maybe a -"Who killed Asmo" popular theory thing (kind of like JFK). Also suggested for this one was maybe a conspiracy theory on the Empy Awards.

-The death of Manetheren.

-The life of Cadsuane prior to her appearance in the WoT series

-The turning of the individuals to become the Forsaken

-War of Power

-AoL movie with an ending with the Breaking

-The Dark One trying to sell time share condo's in the Blight, with expansive views of the Bore!

-What about the story of Tam al Thor. How he left the Two Rivers to seek his fortune, and his ascension into a blademaster with the Illianers.

-The Last Battle (What we think will happen.)

-Battle of Dumai's Wells

-Battle at Falme

Guest Cadsuane

MOCKUMENTARY!!

I think this would be the most fun, because it is something that we could actually DO (I mean, not necessarily on film, but we could actually put a "show" together through posts and have it up for the community here to read). I think it would be the most entertaining for people here, because they would "watch" (read) it and be able to recognize fellow DM people who star in it. Also, it doesn't require living up to RJ's original storyline in any way.

Guest Stefania Sedai

The story of Tam al Thor. How he left the Two Rivers to seek his fortune, and his ascension into a blademaster with the Illianers.

But why was the battle at Falme not an option?

Guest Barmacral

I'll take that one and put it in, however, In the interest of progressing on this project, I will NOT be taking any more suggestions from anyone. We are on the voting stage, so tell all of your friends to come and vote.

aww man Battle of Dumai's Wells that would be pretty sweet... that or the turning of the forsaken.

could a 3-D animation be done in the meantime or if a real movie could not happen? does anyone know how to do that kind of stuff?

Guest Barmacral

I've let this go for a while to see if anyone would come in. Last call for votes, as I'll be moving onto the next stage for tomorrow.

P.S. My vote is The death of Manetheren.

Guest Haxorsist

Cads convinced me. I change my vote to Mockumentary. Sounds fun, and doesn't need to be all that accurate and stuff. :D

Guest Cadsuane

-A mockumentary.(2)

-The death of Manetheren.(1)

-The turning of the individuals to become the Forsaken.(1)

-The story of Tam al Thor.(1)

-The Last Battle.(1)

-Battle of Dumai's Wells.(1)

-Battle at Falme.(1)

Guest Barmacral

Sorry about how much later I am in updating this than I said I'd be...

Due to a not so overwhelming majority of votes, and no particular wish to go through another voting stage at this point, I've decided that the Mockumentary(3), being the only option to have more than a single vote, will be what we're doing. If there are any objections, let me know now, otherwise, we'll be headed on with the next stage of the project.

Now, we are on a new idea stage. We've got our mockumentary idea, now we need to come up with what we're gonna do the mockumentary on.

So, come up with your idea's for the Mockumentary, and if you are feeling creative, lay out all the parts of the mockumentary, and all those sorts of things. Maybe specify interviews, failed and successful showdowns, and so on. Its really up to you on just how much you want to do with it.

What about a "Who Loves the 80's" style comedy show featuring guest stars from the Fourth Age (survivors of the Last Battle) ripping on the various forsaken and shadow spawn. You could interject it with Battlestar Galactica type documentary footage to set up characters.

For example use a video of the death of Asmodean to segue into Rand and Moiraine joking about how goofy his face was just before death took him.

Guest Stefania Sedai

Tenshin's idea is hilarious! I can just see Nynaeve, one hand on her braid, saying, "Moghedien? I knew all along I could take her. She WISHED she could handle me!"

Archived