DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wanna Make a Movie?

Barmacral

Guest Barmacral

So, have you ever wanted to make a movie? To develop a plot, characters, costumes and everything else?

Well here's your chance, this thread will be the making of a movie by us DM'ers. We'll work our way through the various stages of the movie making process, and  the latest info will be updated in this first post on a regular basis.

Stage 1: We need a topic for the movie, for now just post your idea's of what you want the movie to be about, and add your feedback to everyone else's idea's.

Stage 2: Ok, now we actually need a topic, we've got a list of suggestions below, choose the one you like the most and vote for it. Vote by copying your choice and pasting it into a new post, and then voting for it by Bolding it.

Lets get this show on the road!

-Ok, here’s the ideas so far:

-A mockumentary on one certain character. Maybe a -"Who killed Asmo" popular theory thing (kind of like JFK). Also suggested for this one was maybe a conspiracy theory on the Empy Awards.

-The death of Manetheren.

-The life of Cadsuane prior to her appearance in the WoT series

-The turning of the individuals to become the Forsaken

-War of Power

-AoL movie with an ending with the Breaking

-The Dark One trying to sell time share condo's in the Blight, with expansive views of the Bore!

-What about the story of Tam al Thor. How he left the Two Rivers to seek his fortune, and his ascension into a blademaster with the Illianers.

-The Last Battle (What we think will happen.)

-Battle of Dumai's Wells

-Battle at Falme

Ok, There's the list of options we've come up with at this time, take a moment to review them, and choose the one you want to do. Please Bold your vote.

Feel free to jump on one of these idea's or come up with some new ones!

Stage 3: Now, we are on a new idea stage. We've got our mockumentary idea, now we need to come up with what we're gonna do the mockumentary on.

So, come up with your idea's for the Mockumentary, and if you are feeling creative, lay out all the parts of the mockumentary, and all those sorts of things. Maybe specify interviews, failed and successful showdowns, and so on. Its really up to you on just how much you want to do with it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Segurant

I'd love to do a WoT movie but would we be allowed to do it with legal matters getting in the way.

I'm for doing a post-Breaking movie where we see Randland in the aftermath of the Breaking trying to survive. Think Post-Apocalyptic

Guest Barmacral

Weeeeee! A sticky!

If I'm wrong Lawyers, correct me, but at this point I don't think legal matters would be an issue, as this is a wot fan site that this is being created on. The way I think it works, we could make it as far as a script before we ever need to go through the red tape. After that we'd have to run it by RJ if we ever wanted to see the movie on the big screen. But all the rest like costumes, pictures, script, idea's we could do before then. But those are all for later. For those of you who aren't such a fan of the WoT idea, you can suggest other things as well, at this point idea's for anthing at all will be cool.

Guest Emperor

Bah, do first... let DM get sued later *hides that speech*

I like that idea... I think a good WOT movie or short would need to take a piece of WoT instead of trying to tackle the entire series.

I wouldn't mind seeing a AoL movie with an ending with the Breaking.

Guest Segurant

Jason, owner of DM had a fan project to do Dragonmount, from Eye of the World. He was working on the film and then got a cease and desist order. Then after some legalese talk he got the green light. So i just want to be sure we are good before we start.

on that note....War of Power would be fun to do as well.

Guest Emperor

I do not see a problem with discussing how we would make the movie... and all that. If we ever get to the point where we actually take this off the message boards and do something with it, then I agree, we would need to get some kind of permission.

Guest Segurant

since this is just a discussion, I'll shut my trap and just throw out ideas.

here is a good one, the turning of the individuals to become the Forsaken.

Guest Cadsuane

Ahem. Clearly we should be making a movie about the life of Cadsuane prior to her appearance in the WoT series. No? Drat. ^_^

Guest Emperor

I admit, I never read all of New Spring. Now that I think on it, I do own it.

Another topic...

A mockumentary on one certain character. Maybe a "Who killed Asmo" popular theory thing (kind of like JFK).

Guest Cadsuane

I like the idea of a mockumentory of some sort. We could do something on the Empy award winners?? Create some sort of conspiracy theory about a (willing) winner and/or rigged voting, and then investigate it through interviews and commentary by other forum members?? It's all a farce, of course... or is it?? <<.>>

Guest Emperor

Something along the lines of F911... hmmm... this could be a great idea... and would be fun for DMers to make and actually view... and would not violate copyright laws....

Excellent!

Guest Barmacral

I like this idea too, there's a variety of focus points that we could use, A conspiracy theory about the RP folk, a mini section on the horror happening in the town pub (mafia game) and so on.

In fact, we could actually do a mock newscast as well, interviewing different members, doing top stories like the rigged voting in the empy's, or the same idea behind the mafia I mentioned above, and so on.

Archived