DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WOT as a movei would u watch it

keith allen

What did I say?? Why does anybody ''gotta'' make this thing?? Why can't they just leave a good story alone?

Sorry Min, I didn't mean to offend. I'm not saying that this movie has absoultly gotta be made. In fact I can understand the advantages of not doing it. I was just jokingly saying that if you have any intention of making this movie then go ahead and do it (hence the S or get off the pot) and if it is going to be made by anyone it may as well be you.

And why oh why would you want to cast famous or known actors and actresses for this.

I wouldn't necessarly. Please go back an read the disclaimer above my cast list. I clearly stated that I understand that for finincal and artistic reasons some parts would need to be given to unknowns, but since this is meant to be a fun exersise it would be more fun to use known actors. Obviously not studio could aford to make one, let alone twelve movies with that cast.

This is my opinion,respect it,or get off the pot yourself!

I do respect your opinion but I hope that doesn't mean I can't jest with you sometimes. After all we are all friends here at Dragonmount.

I would watch it. The only issue I have with a movie is no matter how well it was done stuff would get cut out. I would say that the best format would be an anime series instead. A time limit wouldn't be an issue, and uses of the power that would require a large special effects budget wouldn't become an issue like a normal series would have. They also have a much better track run for keeping the same story line than movies or shows have.

About Ian McKellan:he's had his chance' date='did he not? He already played in one of the greatest sories of all time,and my image of gandalf will never be what it was... (as the white wizard I thought he looked phony)

Haydn Christensen...mmmnot only can he act only dark and brooding,he can't act! I yet have to see him do something real good to convince me.

This thing is not about personal preference. It's about who would do a good job.

I would look for an all-new-talent casting,if it HAD to be done.[/quote']

About Ian McKellan: That's one of the reasons when I posted my list of characters in the "got me in the mood" movie thread that I replaced him with Sam Elliot. I dunno. Something about the way he pulls of his characters with that cocky cowboy attitude just really works with me. Also, I HAVE seen him act, and he can be quite sophisticated if he needed to be.

And Hayden? I HAVE seen him act in roles where he was NOT Anakin Skywalker, and he does have a bit of talent. Don't judge him just by his Star Wars role. Those movies are so intense that it's hard for the VETERAN actors to do any acting in them, because there's such a mystique about the movies it's like they're stepping out of the world and into an entirely new subculture. Like everyone else, I think Hayden would have a problem with "innocent post-teen", but his dark-brooding would fit perfectly. Still, I'd keep my eyes open for someone who could pull it off more convincingly.

Now the question... would I watch a WoT movie? Heck yeah!!! Maybe with the same caution as LotR, to make sure that Hollywood didn't screw it up, but yeah.

What did I say?? Why does anybody ''gotta'' make this thing?? Why can't they just leave a good story alone?

Sorry Min' date=' I didn't mean to offend. I'm not saying that this movie has absoultly gotta be made. In fact I can understand the advantages of not doing it. I was just jokingly saying that if you have any intention of making this movie then go ahead and do it (hence the S or get off the pot) and if it is going to be made by anyone it may as well be you.

And why oh why would you want to cast famous or known actors and actresses for this.

I wouldn't necessarly. Please go back an read the disclaimer above my cast list. I clearly stated that I understand that for finincal and artistic reasons some parts would need to be given to unknowns, but since this is meant to be a fun exersise it would be more fun to use known actors. Obviously not studio could aford to make one, let alone twelve movies with that cast.

This is my opinion,respect it,or get off the pot yourself!

I do respect your opinion but I hope that doesn't mean I can't jest with you sometimes. After all we are all friends here at Dragonmount.

My apologies!! Sorry,my defences are a litle up;I left a board because opinion's weren't respected at all.And I'm Dutch,so sometimes you might say something And I interpret it as something totally wrong...Forgive me,still friends!

...if I had the money,I would make the damn thing,you know! :?

im hesitant of rand played by Hayden not only because i don't think hes a very good actor, but also hes already too famous as Anakin, or, too familiar to all of us, which wouldn't be the same.

I don't know about other characters, but i think a perfect Rand would be James Franco (Harry Osborne form the Spiderman movies)

-he isn't all that famous, as he doesn't have many leading roles

-hes a good actor!

-he fits Rand's tall, red haired description perfectly.

If that doesn't work, I would suggest auditions for completely unknown actors.

I noticed someone mentioning James Franco...

Yesterday I saw ''tristan and isolde''; that guy always has that miserable look on his face! I'd like to slap him! Hard! He wouldn't be a Rand to me.

But that's just me...

While we're on the topic of movies what do you think of the following cast list. I admit that I think about this way too much and my choices my change next week but this is what I've got at the moment. I understand that for financial as well as artistic reasons that some roles would need to be given to unknown actors. However' date=' its no fun to cast characters as unknowns so I look at this a more of a fantasy cast (in the same vein as fantasy football), so basically when casting each character I ask myself "if this particular character were to be played by an already fameous person who would it be?" I do for the most part try to avoid "Movie Stars" and pick alot of small screen stars who I think deserve a shot at the big screen and/or semi-unknown actors. So here goes:

[b']Rand[/b]: Hayden Christensen (Star Wars)

GOD NO!!!! Ed Speelers (Eragon) would be my choice for Rand as Hayden really didn't do justice in

the character "Anakin Skywalker" - He whined too much!

Mat: Josh Holloway (Lost)

Perrin: Tom Welling (Smallville)

Sean Astin !! Perrin has Samwise Gamgee written

all over him. I can just imagine Sean Astin as

Perrin going APE$#!+ when the Myrdaal tells him

"Faile was delicious!"

Egwene: Mila Kunis (That 70's Show)

Nyneave: Leah Remini (King of Queens)

Moiraine: Emma Thompson (Remains of the Day)

Mira Furlan (DeLenn from Babylon 5) She was could be

tough as nails, Regal or quiet! She not that tall either!

Lan: Hugh Jackman (X-Men)

Good choice - He's 6"3 (2.2 Meters {Correct me if I'm wrong on this conversion}) tall)

Either him or Karl Urban! (Chronicles of Riddick)

Thom: Sir Ian McKellen (Lord of the Rings)

Elayne: Kirsten Dunst (Spiderman)

Min: Natalie Portman (Star Wars)

Avihenda: Kaylee DeFur (The War at Home)

Verin: Jane Leeves (Fraisier)

Bayle Domon: John Rhys-Davies (Raiders of the Lost Arc)

Vanin: Michael G. Hagertly (Wayne's World)

Mattan Stephanos: Brian Doyle-Murray (Christmas Vacation)

Paden Fain: Christopher Walkin (The Prophecy)

Brad Dourif!!

Lanfear: Demi Moore (A Few Good Men)

Kate Beckinsal!

Grendael: Megyn Price (Grounded For Life)

Asmodean: Allen Rickman (Harry Potter)

Sammael: Kenneth Branagh (Frankenstein)

Be'lal: Christopher Lee (Star Wars)

Mesanna: Gates McFadden (Star Trek TNG)

Aran'gar: Angalina Jolie (Tomb Raider)

Elaida: Anjelica Houston (Ever After)

Birgit - Lucy Lawless (she's a natural blonde AND 5"11! Or Hudson Liecke (Both from Xena)

Archived