DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Movie Battle Tournament (Last Round on Page 9)

Emperor

Guest Emperor

Shawshank won 6-1.... Ummm... rent The Usual Suspects... it is a darn good movie.

Next up... two movies only fitting to compete against each other...

Goodfellas

goodf.jpg

vs.

The Godfather

godf.jpg

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Barmacral

The Godfather, why? First because it was a badass movie, and second because my kid brother knows so much more about it than I do.

Guest Emperor

It is hard to choose between these two. X deals with Racism in our world today. It was a very powerful movie. Fight Club was a surprise to me. I went in thinking this movie was going to be just awful but it also had a nice message about consumerism today and also had a nice plot twist. Fight Club gets my vote.

Should votes from people who haven't seen one or both of the movies in question really be allowed? I realise I'm as guilty of it as anyone else, but shouldn't the outcomes be based exclusively on informed voting?

Guest Emperor

I think people can vote no matter what. Hopefully we have enough voters to swing the vote in the appropriate direction.

Does anyone have any other movies they want included before we move on?

Guest Emperor

Well it looks like Fight Club moves on.

I have one last one before we move onto the next round with the winners (unless someone points out an obvious film we missed).

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

192924.jpg

Vs.

American Beauty

027_FP0732~American-Beauty-Posters.jpg

Guest Haxorsist

I haven't seen American Beauty in ages, so I don't remember much of it. I remember it was good, though. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind really blew my mind and surprised me. I didn't know Jim Carrey was that good. My vote goes to Eternal Sunshine.

Guest Barmacral

Again, not seen either, but after I flipped a coin it came up with American Beauty. Not to mention that it wasy probably Cads sexy stomach on the box cover :P

Guest Cadsuane

My tummy?? Since when is my tummy sexy?? :? ^_^

I vote American Beauty. I identified with this movie more than I did with Eternal Sunshine. Kevin Spacey's character's development felt like it had a lot of ties to what I was feeling in my life at that time. However, they are both very good. I own both, and I have a small collection!

Guest Haxorsist

Heh, the only movie poster that I knew Cads had been on was For Your Eyes Only.

fyeomainposter.jpg

Funny how this happens in every thread. :D

Archived