DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Thom is RJ written into the book

skoog

I have read the series in total 3 times and have read book 1 at least 7 haha. But this reread i was thinking about being a part of the story, and I started to notice that thom has a personality I would use if I were to write myself in. Just a theory.

Interesting to think that, but it's been mentioned in the past on these forums that both RJ and Harriet think Perrin is the charactor within the books that is the closest to RJ, in terms of both appearance and character.  I don't have any quotes for you on that, but you may enjoy checking it out on the database on theoryland.

I found myself thinking about this all day after posting the previous post.  I ended up having to go and have a look for myself, but was only partially successful; here's one I found that sort of goes with what I mentioned above:

"

INTERVIEW: Oct, 2000

Orbit Interview (Verbatim)

ORBIT BOOKS

Which character in the Wheel of Time do you most identify with?

ROBERT JORDAN

I always identify most with the character from whose point of view I am trying to write at that moment. I try to get inside their heads, inside their skins. Sometimes this has disadvantages. I have gone into the house at the end of the day and, before I can say a word, my wife has said to me, "You were writing Padan Fain today, weren't you?" Inevitably, when she says this, I have indeed been writing some character you would not like to be alone with. But if you mean which character do I think is most like me, well, Lan Mandragoran expresses the ideals I was raised to aspire to,  while Perrin is perhaps most like me as a boy and young man. On the other hand, my wife claims I am a perfect Loial! "

• 1 month later...