DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Basic training (attn: Aiden; open)

Lih-Lyh

• RP - LEGACY

Some of her fellow students cried out when Aiden broke the rabbit's neck. Perhaps they had never hunted before, or had simply been unprepared for the final action. Loraen had hunted before, and prepared the kill for dinner. She may have been a merchant's daughter, but she had not been left at home to wait the caravan's return. Though she missed her father, she was thankful that he had allowed her to travel with him, and for the opportunities he had permitted her to experience. It had prepared her for the future that laid ahead.

"I will join you, if you allow me to" she said. 

She watched some of the students still looking a bit I'll at the death of the rabbit. It was a real lesson brought to life, for some, apparently, for the first time. She offered Ashley a faint smile, hoping he would ask to join as well.

Ooc: thanks Matalina and Dar'Jen!

Ashley looked around and fought hard to screen out his emotions. He felt sorry for the other boys who looked sick at the slain rabbit. They had no experience of being poor, no knowledge of the way they starved and did anything to gain food. The boys here were too deeply entrenched upon their experience of safety and security, of sanity. 

From the back of the group, Ashley smiled encouragingly at Loraen in return. 

He crossed to Loraen and Aiden, limping slightly from the day’s exercises. “I wish to join you as well."

Aiden nodded as Lorean and Ashley decided to join him.  The other boys were more inclined to their own free time.  Aiden wondered if his mother had spent time with her trainees.  Like he was about to do.   She'd often eaten with him and Kate and even with Taylor and Sierra.  It had been a long time since the weird things happened around the Ranch when Achet and Sierra lost their lives.  They had to rebuild a lot back then.  A life time ago!

Aiden took care in showing the two remaining trainees how to skin and cook a rabbit.  The only thing missing would be a can of beans and a loaf of crusty bread.  

• RP - LEGACY

Loraen was pleased when Ashley said he would join them. She could not help the look at confused disbelief when the other students declined and seemed relieved to be dismissed. Hadn't they come to train, to learn all they could? She knew how to dress a rabbit, but she was willing to watch and listen for any details she did not know. Besides, it was a chance to spend time with their instructor and learn about each other.

Shaking he head briefly, she focused her attention on Aiden as he used a knife on the rabbit. His movements were precise. He prepared the carcass for cooking. She was happy to see Ashley watching as avidly as she.

"Is there anything you need us to do?" she asked.

• 2 weeks later...

Aiden shook his head.  "No, I have it covered.  Enjoy the relaxation."  Aiden almost told them of the creek behind them, but one was new and the other shy and there was no telling what would happen.  Last thing Aiden wanted was to introduce fraternization amongst peers.  It had gotten his mother into heaps of trouble, losing her job among other things.

"On second thought you can build a fire."  He wondered if either knew how.

[[ sorry for the delay here too ]]

Aiden shook his head.  "No, I have it covered.  Enjoy the relaxation."  Aiden almost told them of the creek behind them, but one was new and the other shy and there was no telling what would happen.  Last thing Aiden wanted was to introduce fraternization amongst peers.  It had gotten his mother into heaps of trouble, losing her job among other things.

"On second thought you can build a fire."  He wondered if either knew how.

[[ sorry for the delay here too ]]