DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wot Costumes

Hatchet

Hi It's me Hatchet. There's no good way to say this so I'll just say it: does anybody have a good idea for making an Asha'man costume? Or a costume of any WoT character. I now halloween is a long way off. but the idea just came into my head and I wanted to start preparing.

well, your main components are your coat and the pins, right? it's finding a black coat with a distinctive enough look to it that's key. unfortunately, the kind of cuts of coat i always pictured in the books may be difficult to find in real life. of course, what you picture could vary a lot from what i picture too.

i had this dilemma myself, actually, for my wedding last fall. i wanted a coat in black that looked somewhat like rand's coat on the cover of fires of heaven (mostly because it was a good approximation of something i'd had in mind for years and years and years already). when i went looking in stores, the price tags had me fleeing in tears, clutching my wallet to my chest like a dead hamster. i eventually had it custom tailored.

i just realized that none of this helps at all.... :oops:

best suggestion: look in second-hand clothing stores. start looking now, and check regularly; stuff goes in and out of those places every day, and you just have to get lucky.

for the pins, well, you can always just order the replicas online, or you can get creative yourself, i guess.

Guest Barmacral

Get ahold of a pattern for a coat from historical times, such as the 1800's. Those should actually pass fairly well for WoT coats.

that's a good idea too. and if you shop around, you could probably find someone who could do it up for relatively inexpensive. the one i had made ran about, oh, $250 or so, which was pretty good, all things considered. kinda pricy for a halloween costume though.

well, while "wedding" was my "official" stance on the w, others contended that it was for my last name, which would technically be accurate too. however, the true significance is "wangsman." and just look.

dudealone.jpg

that, sir, is a wangsman. 8)

Guest Barmacral

pfft, I'd like to see you try. Sure you could manage it... at the high cost of being at war with every other nation in the world. Or near enough to it anyways...

i'm a quebecer. if i walked around here with a leafs jersey i'd be ripped apart. 8)

and invasion of canada would be costly for you guys down south. we're a polite folk, but don't get us angry. you wouldn't like us when we're angry. :twisted:

Archived