DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello

Paxam

Hi Everybody!

(Go on, say "Hi, Dr. Nick", you know you want to.) :)

I'm new to this site, obviously, and I just thought I'd introduce myself a little, and see if anyone cares. So, here goes...

I'm 18 year old who lives in the North East of Scotland (anyone here heard of John O Groats? That's pretty close to where I am, just 30 or so miles further up the coast from here), but I'm studying at the University of Liverpool in England. I study Astrophysics, which is much more complicated that I expected it to be when I was filling in my UCAS form.

I've been reading the Wheel of Time series since around 2001, I think. I've read all of the books, and even though I got KoD a few days before it came out, I didn't read it until the end of November. Bad me.

On the internet, I'm also on TarValon.Net, which I'm sure many of you have at least heard of. So, it'll take a while for me to not think "Dai M'Hael" whenever I see people say "DM". :D

Anyway, that's my brief introduction. Hopefully I'll get to know some of you people.

Astrophysics?? :shock:

Wow! A lot of work there! I thought my Classics Degree was a lot of work!

Plus I think most people here in the UK have heard of John O' Groats, just like they have heard about Land's End, and everyone knows about Wales being a wet country! lol!

Enjoy your time here at DM!

Hmm... you'd be surprised how many people in Liverpool Uni have absolutely no idea where it is. There was a girl from Edinburgh who didn't even have a clue.

And Lands End? Where's that? :)

Just kidding.

Guest Egwene

Hi Paxam.. great to get another member from the UK!!

As you have managed to read KoD in the end (and where did you get it early???) I recommend you visit the WoT discussion boards. And I'd be forever grateful (well at least 5 minutes)if you voted in the poll on the Asmodean thread :)

Now John O'Groats and Lands End.... anyone fancy going for a walk???

Egwene, thanks for the welcome, firstly. Secondly, I got it from Forbidden Planet, which is a comic/cult shop on Bold Street in Liverpool. They also had the GRR Martin book out early, but being a student, I couldn't afford that one as well. :)

And I can't recall anything to do with Asmo happening in KoD, though since I leant my copy to my GF, I can't check up on that.

Guest Egwene

You lent your copy to your GF???? You must really love her!

Asmo died at the end of 'The Fires of Heaven'.... we just still don't know who did it...lol

Yes, well, I doubt RJ will ever have the forsaken sitting around a coffee table, when one of the blurts out and say, "You know that little guy who used to hang around with us back in the olden days, the one who was always playing a banjo or something? Well, funny story, I bumped into him in Caemlyn and accidentally balefired him. Hahaha."

:D

Guest Egwene

Can't help you on the RP side... maybe just PM one of the Div leaders like James or Ellorian... I am sure they'd be willing to help.

Love that picture you painted of the forsaken around the coffeetable.... I sort of imagined them with walking sticks and hearing aids in a nursing home. Quite funny :)

Ok, which PR division(WT, SG, Aiel?) do you want to join? You have to create a character and write his/her biography, but each one of the divs has certain 'rules' about writing them. You can check them on the sites of the different divisions. If you want to talk about that you can pm me and I'll explain to you everything you don't understand ;)

Archived