DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The BotRH's Alliterating Word & Sentence Game

Corki

Ok, this is the first of our two silly games for these boards! Below I will explain to the best of my abilities how it is played! If any questions arise from my explanation, just PM me and I will look into it!

Also, please remember this game is open to all here at DM!!!!!

I would like to thank North Star and Sheliara for suggesting this game!

Instructions

This game works by someone posting three words, and the next person makes a sentence out of the three words posted. Once the person has posted their sentence, at the end they post three more words. There are specific requirements for the three words chosen, and the three words need to be:

1. A verb (the present tense needs to be posted, but you can use any tense in your sentence)

2. A noun

3. An adjective

Also, we are working our way through the alphabet with the choice of words selected. the first person who posts chooses their selection of noun, adjective and verb, making sure they all start with 'A', and the next has 'B', and so on and so on!

EXAMPLE - The first person posts the words rough (adjective), rush (verb) and range (noun). The next person could write the sentence:

"I shot a rough stone at a target, but I had rushed drinking my Bandy that I did not know if my stones were in the range.".

At the end of their post, the person could put sword (noun), short (adjective) and save (verb) as their words ('S' comes after 'R' in the alphabet) for the next person to use in their sentence. This just continues and continues...

Those are the simple instructions...and now time to start playing and posting!  :lol:

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I shall kick this game off by posting the words:

1. jump (verb)

2. multicoloured (adjective)

3. horse (noun)

So, the next person needs to make a sentence from my words, and then post their three words in the same format as I have.

Thank you!

Also, "to pulp" means "to reduce". But don't worry, I will just move in!

Cumadrin was tackled, and was tickled by Vorkia in the kidney area with a feathery cloth.

Verb - gyrate

Adj. - grave

Noun - gymnasium

*Runs away screaming because after further investigation he found his little dictionary mislead him and made him look foolish. In light of this Spacey consulted the OED, finding to his dismay, in fact, he had incorrectly corrected Vorkia. For this I (Spacey) offer my most humble apologies.*

*But before he entirely leaves the area*

Ginny gyrates with a grave grimace while gallently galloping through the gymnasium.

v. throw

adj. sparkly

n. lederhosen

Nobody ever flew to the smelly island due to its terrible flatulence.

I will use these ones again, as Leane posted at the same time as I did!

verb - zap

Adj. - zigzag

Noun - zebra

As the fast car drove, the woman laughed as she watched her husband struggle to put his rose on his jacket.

Verb - barter

Adj. - bubbly

Noun - breeze

EDIT: Thanks, Spacey!

A Rule Change!!!

I have decided to bring in a new rule! As some of you may have noticed, I am making my selection of noun, adjective and verb per post start with the same letter. So, from now on, this has to be the case as we work our way through the alphabet. So, the next person to post must make sure that there list of noun, adjective and verb starts with the letter 'C', and the next person 'D' as we work our way through the alphabet! It means you will have to think harder for certain letters! ;)

Lets have some alliterating fun!

Thanks!

A Rule Change!!!

I have decided to bring in a new rule! As some of you may have noticed' date=' I am making my selection of noun, adjective and verb per post start with the same letter. So, from now on, this has to be the case as we work our way through the alphabet. So, the next person to post must make sure that there list of noun, adjective and verb starts with the letter 'C', and the next person 'D' as we work our way through the alphabet! It means you will have to think harder for certain letters! ;)

Lets have some alliterating fun!

Thanks![/quote']

Maybe you should change the name of the game to something like Alliteration all Afternoon, or similar.

Archived