DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Graspop Metal Meeting 2014

Hayl3y

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best was the Exodus music festival. New Years Eve, pouring rain, mud everywhere, but it was awesome. The crowd was awesome, the atmosphere was awesome, some of the bands were awesome. Food was awesome.

Worst. Rhythm and Vines. Bands sucked, too many drunk and high teens, everything was too expensive, security were acting like thugs, mosquitos everywhere.

nice :happy:

for me, best ever has to be Amon Amarth in the Marguee (big tent), awesome atmosphere

worst was My dying bride, music was so bad and depressing it was unbearable.

In general though, the Graspop Festival is one of the best metal festivals in the world, big variety of styles and bands and awesome crowd.

My best festival experience would be Sauna Open Air... 2006 or 2007? 2007 apparently after a quick Google search. Heaven and Hell were headliners (basically Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio as vocalist -- win) and they were the best thing ever. That was also the last time I saw Dio in this life.

Worst... Probably that one year I went to Myötätuulirock with my sister & brother and I only wanted to see Moonsorrow and they were playing as the first band because I think someone was getting married the next day or something?? but anyway, we didn't get to the location as early as I would have liked because my sister wanted an extra toilet break on the way there, and the gates opened ~25 mins late but Moonsorrow still started at the scheduled time, which meant that only a handful of people even made it into the festival area before they began. I got in halfway through their already short set. I've never been so pissed in my life.

So, Death, currently playing on the Graspop Livestream, is not too bad.... the vocalist just has a ridiculous way to hold his guitar.

I explained several theories on why he does it that way to Chae, and now she can't watch Death anymore as being a serious band.... mwuahahahaha

Archived